HSC related query (1 Viewer)

Diya Jain

HSC
When doing past papers for your HSC, how many past papers should you do as in according to the syllabus as it changes so doing one from 2008 won't be that helpful?

YonOra

HSC
What subjects are you referencing, because the answer will differ from subject to subject.

YonOra

HSC
For instance, the Mathematics syllabus has changed, but maths is maths. So you can still do papers from 2000, but different things won't be in the new syllabus. There are books that collate all the past HSC papers, cross out the questions you won't need, and replace them with different ones.

dumNerd

HSC
For instance, the Mathematics syllabus has changed, but maths is maths. So you can still do papers from 2000, but different things won't be in the new syllabus. There are books that collate all the past HSC papers, cross out the questions you won't need, and replace them with different ones.
More specifically strive books

yanujw

HSC
Could someone also let me know when the following subjects last had their syllabuses changed, and to what year practice papers are relevant for?

Maths Extension 1 and 2, and Y11 Advanced
English Advanced
Physics
Economics
Legal Studies
Business Studies

Diya Jain

HSC
Could someone also let me know when the following subjects last had their syllabuses changed, and to what year practice papers are relevant for?

English Advanced
Physics
Economics
Legal Studies
Business Studies
Maths was 2019

YonOra

HSC

English Advanced
Physics
Economics
Legal Studies
Business Studies
Mathematics Adv, Ext1,Ext2 -- 2019
English Advanced -- 2019
Physics -- 2017 (I think)
Economics -- 2009
Legal Studies -- 2009
Business Studies -- 2010

c8

HSC

English Advanced
Physics
Economics
Legal Studies
Business Studies
Maths 2020 and on
English 2019 and on
Physics 2019 and on

Saint Dev

HSC
Yeah, Extension 1 Mathematics is a bit of a doozy. Did all the bloody past papers in preparation for the HSC and none of them were particularly helpful.

Saint Dev

HSC
Take those crossed out questions with a grain of salt. I heard from my peers that the Excel Past Papers for Extension 1 Mathematics crossed out parts that were in the test... So make sure that you check this before deciding that it's not in the syllabus.

YonOra

HSC
Take those crossed out questions with a grain of salt. I heard from my peers that the Excel Past Papers for Extension 1 Mathematics crossed out parts that were in the test... So make sure that you check this before deciding that it's not in the syllabus.
Oh wow didn't notice at all. I usually just do them cause they're like part v of a Q, and i don't wanna leave it lol. Thanks man

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)