HSC Results via SMS (1 Viewer)

jessied

HSC
How do we register for that? I heard somewhere that we could do it today but I don't know how... Any ideas?

Abtari

HSC
why would you want ur results through sms? i dont see the point. isn't internet good enough?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
"Registration for the SMS results service opens on November 7. (i.e today)

Release of results by SMS text message – 1977 2346

* Students who want to automatically receive their HSC results by SMS can pre-register for the SMS service by text-messaging their student number and PIN to 1977 2346.

* A return text message to the student confirms that they have registered for the service and the results will be sent to their mobile phone at approximately 6 am on 16 December.

* Students who do not pre-register can still get their results by SMS by messaging their student number and PIN to the service after 6 am on 16 December.

* Students should check that their phone is in credit, that they have Premium rate access on their phone, and that there is room for messages in their phone’s inbox.

* The SMS service charge is a flat rate of $1.10.

-BOS media Guide
P.S hi gitendra

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Abtari said:
why would you want ur results through sms? i dont see the point. isn't internet good enough?
I think the net can be a bit slow because tens of thousands of students are trying to log in simultaneously.

what about getting them sent to your email? I read that on my 'students online' thingy, and ticked the box which said 'recieve results via email' or something. Anyone else noticed this or know anything about it?

cate_7x

HSC
i know I'm on holidays that week without access to the net - so I'm going to get it sent to my mobile.

HSC
On the 16th do we get only our exam results for each subject or do they tell us moderated assesment marks and final hsc marks for each subject as well?

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
You never receive your raw exam results. you get the internal and external marks, as well as you final hsc marks for each subject

hollybox

HSC
modelzsuck said:
I lost my pin :( What can I do?
call the BOS phone no. (thats one that is open from 9-4)...it's a real person and they will ask you for your student no., address, and something else. I had to do it and its very easy

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Jess, u just text text ur student number and PIN to 1977 2346

I just did and got the confirmation :)

Did you also know you can recieve your results by email?
See students online for more details

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
ill be in hong kong when the results are ready so sms isnt an option...loks like i will have to go with internet
wonder if i can wait till 17th to access my uai b4 my results

jessied

HSC
Thanks for that guys:) I did all that and they sent me a confirmation sms.... can't wait til 6am on the 16th of December now.. :-/

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
OHHHHHH i just got a letter from BOS saying how i can get my results and stuff. on one of the back pages it has a list of my subjects and all these blank spots that i full in with my results. shit its so scary

nono

HSC
N/A
Confused...

shellybelly087 said:
OHHHHHH i just got a letter from BOS saying how i can get my results and stuff. on one of the back pages it has a list of my subjects and all these blank spots that i full in with my results. shit its so scary
Hey I got this letter today too...

However, it says:

2 Unit Mathematics Extension 1

How does that work?! I only do 3 units of maths- I know that if you do 4, each is counted as 2u but why is my ext maths 2u on this page??

Does anyone else have this?

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Yeah got the letter today and ive already sms registered, tis as easy as pie....
mmmmmm pie

nono

HSC
N/A
Lozacious said:
Obviously it means that you are doing extension 1 of 2 unit Mathematics?

Yep i got this letter also, it is a bit scary..
No no...it says:

BLAH BLAH
2 Unit Mathematics
2 Unit Mathematics Extension 1

So, if my maths skills are up to scratch, the letter suggests I do 4 units of maths...which i dont...

Still confused...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)