HSC Sample Answers (1 Viewer)

goodcat911

HSC
How far off are the sample answers on the nesa website? If a student responded to a question exactly, or similar to how the sample answer suggests, would they risk losing marks for that question? I heard they provided a low-band 6 response, or a minimum for full marks for any given question but I don't think that's true...

Marking guidelines are developed with the examination paper and are used by markers to guide their marking of a student's response. The table shows each question and the criteria with each mark or mark range. Sample answers may also be developed and included in the guidelines to make sure questions assess a student's knowledge and skills, and guide the Supervisor of Marking on the expected nature and scope of a student's response. They are not intended to be exemplary or even complete answers or responses.

WeiWeiMan

HSC
How far off are the sample answers on the nesa website? If a student responded to a question exactly, or similar to how the sample answer suggests, would they risk losing marks for that question? I heard they provided a low-band 6 response, or a minimum for full marks for any given question but I don't think that's true...

Marking guidelines are developed with the examination paper and are used by markers to guide their marking of a student's response. The table shows each question and the criteria with each mark or mark range. Sample answers may also be developed and included in the guidelines to make sure questions assess a student's knowledge and skills, and guide the Supervisor of Marking on the expected nature and scope of a student's response. They are not intended to be exemplary or even complete answers or responses.
ru talkin about bio? idk about bio
as for maths, i'm pretty sure the sample answers get all the marks
also what the heck is a band 6 response

stevie444

HSC
for calculation questions it is all 100% correct but you can have a look at maring guidelines anyway for the answers. For writing based subjects they aren't useful at all. They often say that they are the minimum for full marks, but they are all very clearly low band 6/high band 5 responses that must have gotten absurdly generous marking. Instead, ask your teachers for some good practice/draft responses from past students if you need any guidance, and just continually churn out practice questions which will provide a good intuition for what is required

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)