HSC Standard/Advanced Paper 1 Exam Thoughts (1 Viewer)

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Putting this up for tomorrow.
Good luck with tomorrows English exam class of 2019 on behalf of all us on BOS!

Share your thoughts on how you found it. Was it easier than you expected, harder?
How did it compare to your trials? Did you find this layout to be better than the old syllabus?

In any case I'm sure you guys will do well! =)

Bandsaw27

HSC
What the hell was that Crucible question though? LOVE in a book about witchhunts and fear???

Advanced had a far easier question, and 1984 is a far easier book to analyse than Crucible...

TeheeCat

HSC
Merchant of Venice people where you at! Deception question huh...

StudyOnly

HSC
Ye I did the crucible question.....it was a pain especially since I didn't have any good quotes on love (because the book was about witchcraft and stuff)......i guess NESA sees a lot of love in hanging witches.....

Also found short answer hard, didn't understand many of the texts

StudyOnly

HSC
Ye, I think hey made this new syllabus too hard. They expect us to memorise and have quotes ready for every kind of random idea the throw at us? I mean, I don't think many people expected love from a book about hanging witches...

StudyOnly

HSC
I hope scaling can do its job ..... or else my dream of 90+ is gone :(

flowerp

HSC
N/A
I agree! We also study the The Crucible! If they want unprepared responses then they should get rid of the prescribed text section entirely otherwise they should give us more time!! And what even were those texts in section 1 - I found them super hard to understand - had like 1 technique only for each text in the 5 marker comparative :(

De.Broigle

HSC
Imo the essay for 1984 was good as all themes could be adapted to it. Plus any rote learners would have struggled with it. Short answer on the other hand was just too hard. The texts were simply too complicated. I think they mixed questions 1 and 3. Text 1 was full of metaphors yet they asked text 3 bout it

Hithcock

HSC
I agree, I think my nervousness contributed to me scrambling for the unseen text section. I did Rosemary Dobson poetry, and I had to adapt my prepared stuff to this, so I don’t know how I’ll go. Honestly hope I’ll get between 75-85, although I have a feeling I will get high seventies. Who knows, maybe scaling will do the trick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)