HSC Standard/Advanced Paper 1 Exam Thoughts (1 Viewer)

beachy33

HSC
Any advice for someone doing the English standard course and sitting the HSC next year?

notthedevil

I love the Pakenham line
HSC
HAHAH my examiners couldn't even calculate 10 mins for reading time. They literally gave us 15 mins reading time like that could've been added to out writing time lol
Yeah NESA invigilators are very well known for being quite thick and a bit dumb lmao. Get used to it for the next few weeks haha 🤢

psmao

HSC
Yeah NESA invigilators are very well known for being quite thick and a bit dumb lmao. Get used to it for the next few weeks haha 🤢
Our examiners spent ages to figure out whats going on with our computer and couldnt even scrow up the mouse

Khushihsc

HSC
Putting this up for tomorrow.
Good luck with tomorrows English exam class of 2019 on behalf of all us on BOS!

Share your thoughts on how you found it. Was it easier than you expected, harder?
How did it compare to your trials? Did you find this layout to be better than the old syllabus?

In any case I'm sure you guys will do well! =)
Honestly, it was horrible. The Comp paper was doable but the texts were very odd and the questions didn't always make sense. however the common mod essay question was terrible. Love in The Crucible is non-existent and Arthur Miller does not mention love even once in his transcript of "Why I Wrote The Crucible- hence how is the audience's opinion on love meant to be shaped? It was just an overall terrible paper and will drag my ATAR down.

max1234567

HSC
Honestly, it was horrible. The Comp paper was doable but the texts were very odd and the questions didn't always make sense. however the common mod essay question was terrible. Love in The Crucible is non-existent and Arthur Miller does not mention love even once in his transcript of "Why I Wrote The Crucible- hence how is the audience's opinion on love meant to be shaped? It was just an overall terrible paper and will drag my ATAR down.
Completely understand where people are coming from here seems there is no theme of 'love' in the crucible but the question asked for how it shaped our understanding - which is really broad and you can mould themes toward it really easily... I wrote 10 pages and spoke on the texts representation on themes of moral integrity and hysteria and how that shapes an audiences understanding of the importance of 'love' as with hysteria it shows how people neglect those they 'love' and conform to collective ideals whereas through the theme of moral integrity we see Proctor standing up for what he believes in and "refuses to sign his 'name' and lie about himself nor his neighbours"- thus we see proctor protecting those he loves - I then spoke about the play being a tragedy and by Miller selecting a 'common man' as a tragic hero, he highlights the moral integrity present in all of us to stand up to flawed collective ideals and protect those we 'love' and are close to. In the end, the play does comment on a need to respect those around us and stand up for what we believe to protect those we 'love' and who we a close to.... short answers where quite straight forward though - apart from that metaphor text in question 3..

lalajellyjoy

HSC
People who did 1984 what did ur essay talk about? currently stressing about mine, but I used loneliness as a means used by Party members (the collective), and Winston ( as an individual), to hide from the power of the party
my paragraphs were
The Party members loss of freedom, forcing them into loneliness so they remain safe
The exploitation of expressive mediums, forcing Party members to seek loneliness
Winston's failed rebellion, which forced him further into seeking the means of loneliness
im not sure if that answered the question and im really sressing.
i wrote about how winston is portrayed as an anomaly so he is subjected to isolation within his society leading to loneliness
and then i talked about how the desire for emotional fulfilment (winston's affair with julia) reveals how loneliness is sometihng prevalent in their society

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)