HSC Study Conferences 2007 (1 Viewer)

Loza33

HSC
www.hscstudyconferences.com

Did any go last year? or know anyone who went?? Did you find them beneficial and/or worth it??

I am not christian, but the six hours a day of study sounds beneficial, plus i love meeting new people... not sure if it is worth the money though.,..

Are any yr 12's this year planning on going? If so, which one, when?

HSC
Damn, they sound awesome, but i've got other events on at the same time as all of them.

MyLoveIsPure

HSC
they're on all the time. i heard its like $120 a day. screw that ill get the money off my parents and use the money on something else.

nicole21290

HSC
Yeah. I'm going to one at Waterslea (near Nowra) in early October. My house is always soooo noisy so I am relishing the opportunity to go away for a whole week. I need the time and the help also sounds great. About 5 of my mates are going as well and, as I am a Christian, it's really a great opportunity for me. The price is expensive ($350) but I believe it is worth it for the food, accomodation and, basically, tutoring. I'm happy to forgo a few other things this year to help me get to it as I really could do with the help and a whole week with allocated study times, I think, will enable me to do much better.

HSC
nicole21290 said:
Yeah. I'm going to one at Waterslea (near Nowra) in early October. My house is always soooo noisy so I am relishing the opportunity to go away for a whole week. I need the time and the help also sounds great. About 5 of my mates are going as well and, as I am a Christian, it's really a great opportunity for me. The price is expensive ($350) but I believe it is worth it for the food, accomodation and, basically, tutoring. I'm happy to forgo a few other things this year to help me get to it as I really could do with the help and a whole week with allocated study times, I think, will enable me to do much better.
That's what attracted me to it as well.

nicole21290

HSC
Shotgun Wedding said:
That's what attracted me to it as well.
Cool. That's great. Yep - I get time to study, hang out with my mates and maybe learn some stuff. I looked at the timetable though and there's no way I'm getting up at *insertstupidearlyhourinmorning* to do an hour and a half of 'optional study' before brekky. I'll end up eating the desk (or the study notes)...

HSC
nicole21290 said:
Cool. That's great. Yep - I get time to study, hang out with my mates and maybe learn some stuff. I looked at the timetable though and there's no way I'm getting up at *insertstupidearlyhourinmorning* to do an hour and a half of 'optional study' before brekky. I'll end up eating the desk (or the study notes)...
hahahahahahaha. I think i'd do the same... I relish my sleep at those camps, considering the last few camps I have been to have involved me staying up 'talking' with certain girls until the wee hours.

But the whole study thing would be awesome for me, because I can't do it at home, that's for sure. *shakes fist at internet*

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
nicole21290 said:
You should eat the study notes or a newspaper, as they say, "Shredded newspapers add much needed roughage and essential inks."

nicole21290

HSC
Shotgun Wedding said:
hahahahahahaha. I think i'd do the same... I relish my sleep at those camps, considering the last few camps I have been to have involved me staying up 'talking' with certain girls until the wee hours.

But the whole study thing would be awesome for me, because I can't do it at home, that's for sure. *shakes fist at internet*
I relish my sleep anytime of the year! It's pretty much compulsory to 'talk' until the early hours at camps, isn't it? What a shame! I always have the best intentions in regards to studying at home but it's always noisy and the internet is always beckoning me to come and open up a webpage. I had an assessment due and had to get up at 2am in the morning to finish it and I was meant to be researching methods of forensics and ended up on some webpage about the psych conditions of serial killers for an hour! I know - it's just soooo tempting and distracting. But I always prioritise with my school work *coughinternetcomesfirstcough*

nicole21290

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
You should eat the study notes or a newspaper, as they say, "Shredded newspapers add much needed roughage and essential inks."
By the time the HSC is finished I will be so sick of seeing those study notes I probably will eat them all! Newspapers? Nuh - I have enough study notes. A guy in my class always used to eat his speeches and assignments; I make do with a very dramatic slam of them into the bin with a grumpy mumble fore good measure. *teacher gives evil glare*

Loza33

HSC
Hey,

Yeah, they sound good because if im at home, even though no-one will be there and it will be quiet during the day ill be tempted to watch foxtel... damn pay tv... and be lazy, or sleep in and stuff.... and go out at nights..

I'm thinking a week in october would be really beneficial, especailly my birthday is right at the end of september and i dont want to get carried away being 18 and go out lots.... hm.. i dunno if i can afford it though...

HSC
nicole21290 said:
I relish my sleep anytime of the year! It's pretty much compulsory to 'talk' until the early hours at camps, isn't it? What a shame! I always have the best intentions in regards to studying at home but it's always noisy and the internet is always beckoning me to come and open up a webpage. I had an assessment due and had to get up at 2am in the morning to finish it and I was meant to be researching methods of forensics and ended up on some webpage about the psych conditions of serial killers for an hour! I know - it's just soooo tempting and distracting. But I always prioritise with my school work *coughinternetcomesfirstcough*
Yes, I remember the 4 hour long trawls of Wikipedia. Ah, they were good times.

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
well..
i promised god on monday i wouldnt post..
so i'm going to HELL anyway...

Bible/Studycamp won't save me...

I'm not sure how beneficial it would be anyway...
check out this extract:
Reach your full potential with week long study camps designed to give students an environment to study, a routine to help them study in and the motivation to do as well as they can for the HSC. Held in modern confortable conference centres

nicole21290

HSC
nichhhole said:
well..
i promised god on monday i wouldnt post..
so i'm going to HELL anyway...

Bible/Studycamp won't save me...

I'm not sure how beneficial it would be anyway...
check out this extract:
BURN!!!! Posting on an website! That is practically begging to be sent to Hell, hey? I'm saved already so I'm not worried about that aspect... I'm more seeking saving from potentially low grades and a loss of respect! But going by that quote this is how my brain is functioning now: F HJCVXBB MJ%YFG*BV%&VBR%!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need help! Monday? Well, it's Thursday now - that's pretty impressive. Maybe aim for 4 days next time! :)

kloudsurfer

HSC
Oooh, sounds tempting (im christian too!), but completely unnecessary (considering the price too).

But it sounds really, really tempting...

Has anyone been to one?

EDIT:

After thinking about this, how practical is it going to be? I mean, if i was to go and 'study' effectively (or as effectively as i would at home) for an entire week i would have to take ALL my study stuff, including my 14 lever arch, my numerous textbooks and study guides and past papers...

Last edited:

Rebecca1234

HSC
Hi .... First of all, i am really keen in going to these things, i can NOT study at home .... I want too, but i am not christian ... so am i able to go or narr ... i am prepared to pay the money if i am going to study and do well ...

Do i have to be christian

Loza33

HSC
Rebecca1234 said:
Hi .... First of all, i am really keen in going to these things, i can NOT study at home .... I want too, but i am not christian ... so am i able to go or narr ... i am prepared to pay the money if i am going to study and do well ...

Do i have to be christian
Nah, the brochure said you dont have to be cristian.. you can be of any religion or no religion....

I'm not christian...

Ask your teacher if they have a brochure, or no anything about it....

Dorianne

HSC
hey guys
im just wondering , where about is this? in australia? nsw?

nicole21290

HSC
The price, I think, isn't actually that bad. It's about $350 (if you pay early) and it goes for 7 days. So, it's only $50 a day for food, accomadation and tutoring. Heaps of camps cost way more than that. I reckon it's worth it cos there is no way I have enough motivation to study at home! If you look at the website listed back a page it says where the camps are. You don't have to be Christian but it might be annoying if you aren't since apparently there's a one hour bible study thing that is compulsory each day :) No problem for me but others might not find that a good point of the camp

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)