HSC Stuffed already? Please help (1 Viewer)

flynhigh

HSC
Hi guys im new to this so just wanted to ask you all something. I do 2 Unit Maths, Extension 1 Math,s Polish Studies, Legal Studies, Economics , English Advanced and 1 Unit of Studies of Religion.
We have had our half yearlies now and im fairly confident about all my exams and ive done well in my assesments. But for my maths half yearly mark i got 78/123 and it is 25% of my assesment mark. I did the 2 unit maths course last year as i was accelerated and i got 72 for my hsc . I was expecting to get over 100 for this exam but some how i stuffed up. The maths assesment course is made up of :
10% Exam - i got 9/10 for this
10% Exam - again 9/10 for this
25% Half yearly - I got now 15/25
20 % assesment - I can expect to get 18-19
35% Trial - I'd like to get over 30

Guys i was wondering is my HSC stuffed i was aiming to get over 90 for 2 unit maths but my half yearly exam went bad and im upset as you can imagine. With that mark my maths assesment looks bleak. Ive already gone bad at the start of Legal, but all my other subjects im getting within the 80%-90%s and which Polish im above 95%.
Have i wrecked my hsc or can i still get above 90%, what can i do?
I also heard if i beat somebody who got a higer assesment mark then me within the actual HSC exam then i take their assesment mark is this true?
Please help guys as im really worried.
Cheers

zingerburger

HSC
It all depends on rank in the assessments, I think. So really, all that should matter is how well you did compared to the rest of the other people that did the test. It may have been a hard test that everyone else did poorly on, even worse than you did.

As for what you've heard, I think it's the other way around. You need to beat people in the assessments, and even if you don't do as well as others in the HSC exam you still get their mark that was higher because you performed comparatively better than they did. But someone else may clarify this.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Your not even half way through your HSC well almost but not quite. There are still a signification amount of assessments left most noticeable the trials which are usually weighted quite heavily.

No you haven't 'stuffed your hsc', don't give and keep sight of your goal - try your best that's all that can be asked.

flynhigh

HSC
Thanks guys ive kinda looked at the modeulators and i should get a good result . Even though they aint accurate ive still set my goals. cheers

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
There there. Same boat here :eek:

Just try to avoid stupid mistakes and try to be more psychic next time, ay?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)