HSC subjects - Art VS. French (1 Viewer)

mads21

HSC
So soon I have to chose my year 12 subjects, and at the moment I am doing 14 units which I don't want to carry into year 12.
My subjects are Maths 3 unit, Adv English, Chem, Bio, SOR1, Art & Beginners French (OHS). I have been tossing up over Art and French for months, and I am getting pretty much the same mark for both of them (95)

I don't like art as much this year, although i tell myself that i'll like it better in year 12 - is this true? Also i kinda have a major idea, should that mean i should do it. But I really enjoy french but its at OHS and maybe in year 12 that will become too difficult. I don't want to become an artist, but want to get a good ATAR although I think they might be pretty similar in ranking. Is a major really that stressful and would French be better to do?? Or should I drop french instead. PLEASE HELP!!

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I did 14 units all through my HSC.

My suggestion to you is to take 14 units in, and drop whatever you need to - when it becomes apparent that what you expected, isn't the reality of it.

Webbi

HSC
Hey I'm having the same problem too so I know how you feel. My suggestion would be to drop 1 subject, probably Art because I'm in year twelve now debating whether to drop Art or CAFS, and I might choose to drop Art because there is a major body of work, plus 5 case studies. If your Math is 3 units does that mean you would really be doing 15 units? If so, its too much sorry.
Also if you have any advice for me, that would be much appreciated :)

Hazballs

HSC
If i were you i would drop art, because personally i think it would be pretty cool to learn another language and i wish that i had done this.. Also as Webbi said you have to do a major work for art, and i don't think you have to do one for french?

gleeek

HSC
Depends on you as a person, but I think French would be as better choice as it's another language and universities think highly of this.

nora22

HSC
N/A
If you're tossing up between the two then it'd be better to think which one is better for you in the long run. Think of what path you want to take in university/your future studies, because remember you can get bonus marks for doing well in certain subjects. So for example, if you choose to do a design degree you can get bonus marks from doing well in visual arts. So if I were you, I would choose depending on which subject you think will benefit you later on. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)