HSC Subjects (what should I drop) (1 Viewer)

Which Subject Should I drop

• Total voters

Vaibhav123456

HSC
Hey guys I don't know what to drop and was wondering if you could give some advice. I will be doing 4U/3U Maths, Chem, Physics, Bio, Business Studies and Adv English in Year 12. I'm thinking of either dropping Bio or Business Studies. Please help me. So far I am ranked 1st in all my subjects, 2nd in English, and equal 1st in business. I will update my ranks and marks once I get my prelim results. My term 2 assessments were also cancelled.

Marks:
Physics: 35/36 (Depth Study)
Chem: 58/60 practical + written
Bio: 57/60 practical + written
2U Maths: 95% (avg including prelims) - 90% in yearly, 100% in hand in task
3U Maths: 29/30 for hand in task
Business: 100% (Memorised business report, with given question)

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
Drop Bio. You're already doing Physics and Chem and are getting great marks in those. Business Studies provides you with general knowledge of the world of business so it wouldn't hurt to have an understanding of a domain other than that of science.

vishnay

God
HSC
Hey guys I don't know what to drop and was wondering if you could give some advice. I will be doing 4U/3U Maths, Chem, Physics, Bio, Business Studies and Adv English in Year 12. I'm thinking of either dropping Bio or Business Studies. Please help me. So far I am ranked 1st in all my subjects, 2nd in English, and equal 1st in business. I will update my ranks and marks once I get my prelim results. My term 2 assessments were also cancelled.

Marks:
Drop business

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad

Marks:
Which one do you enjoy more out of bio and business? Stay with the one you enjoy more. However if you enjoy both equally and your ability in both of them is the same I recommend going with whichever one is the highest scaling. However that is a last resort.

Vaibhav123456

HSC
Which one do you enjoy more out of bio and business? Stay with the one you enjoy more. However if you enjoy both equally and your ability in both of them is the same I recommend going with whichever one is the highest scaling. However that is a last resort.
I enjoy Bio content more than Business, but my teacher is really bad for Bio. I have to relearn everything myself and don't learn anything in class, because she just gives worksheets and doesn't care. I feel like this will take up quite a bit of time, more so than business in year 12, which is why I am on the fence.

Vaibhav123456

HSC
Update:
Ranked 1st in all prelim subjects. These are my prelim results for the yearly's.
Maths 3U - 85%
Maths 2U - 90%
Physics/Chemistry/Business Studies - 91%
Biology - 88%
English Adv - 93%

Last edited:

Vitrecan

HSC
Update:
Ranked 1st in all prelim subjects. These are my prelim results for the yearly's.
Maths 3U - 85%
Maths 2U - 90%
Physics/Chemistry/Business Studies - 91%
Biology - 88%
Hm, if we account for scaling then Biology and Business Studies would be probably the same. So it is a hard decision. Maybe keep Business Studies cause the rest of your subjects are hard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)