Hsc Tafe (1 Viewer)

Takezo

HSC
19 years old and want to get back in and finish hsc through tafe, enrolling soon. I'm basically looking to get as much information as possible, about doing hsc in tafe - from subjects, to learning, to good campuses, night or day classes etc.

how difficult would it be for me to get through it all? since i've completely forgot everything about school! and also what subjects would i need to choose?

Any help is much appreciated! and i wouldn't mind having some replies from people who had finished at tafe or been in the same situation!

(would have been great if i had found this site while i was back in school!!)

cheers! :)

i posted in another thread but noone replied!

deva0o

HSC
hey takezo

i was doing my hsc through tafe in Blacktown and lets just say the atmosphere is really relaxing which means you definetly need to have some sought of motivation because you have so much freedom and choices now that you might actually get sidetracked very easily like basically 70% of the students in my course did absolutely nothing etc...

as for subjects you must choose anything that interests you and not worry about what other people have to say about your choices.

the list below is a guide of proposed subjects at different tafes around sydney. definetly attend each information day that the tafes offer and which interest you.

https://www.tafensw.edu.au/courses/about/pdf/HSC_and_Tertiary_Preparation_Programs_2009.pdf

as for difficulty it is basically crammed if you do the 1year course which includes doing year11 and 12 in the same year, or doing a 2year course which means for eg doing 3 subjects in 1 year and 3 in the next year. if you discipline yourself you can do really well but if your easily sidetracked it might be best to look at other options or to do the 2 year extended course.

i didnt do well at all last year... i wasnt motivated etc but ive learnt from my mistakes and want to attend ultimo or randwick tafe.

goodluck with whatever you choose!

dee

umakaka

HSC
N/A
I have just finished my 2009 HSC and is thinking of redo-ing some of the subjects again @ liverpool tafe to get a better ATAR, keeping some of my highest marks. I'm just wondering if i HAVE to do preliminary and HSC together in one year. i just want to do yr 12 HSC :S or is this depending on which tafe i go to?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)