HSC Topic Completion -- In School -- (1 Viewer)

joecarling

HSC
not all schools finish all the topics so don't worry.

Remember, Preliminary material becomes ASSUMED KNOWLEDGE for the HSC and may be still examinable. so dont forget to study those prelim topics.

HSC
not all schools finish all the topics so don't worry.

Remember, Preliminary material becomes ASSUMED KNOWLEDGE for the HSC and may be still examinable. so dont forget to study those prelim topics.
Yea I will try my best not to forget. :S

Without Wings

Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
I thought that they only test Year 12 content and maybe a bit of Preliminary skills.
Which subject are you referring to?
For most subjects preliminary content is assumed knowledge and only HSC content is directly examined in the HSC Exams. But for a few subjects (mathematics subjects) a percentage of preliminary content can be examined in the HSC Exams.

jet

Banned
HSC
The assessment information provided by BOS states that no more than the equivalent of two questions of preliminary work may be examined in the 2 unit and 3 unit exams.

http://boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/pdf_doc/maths_assess_curr_info.pdf

See the 3rd- and 2nd-last pages.

Last edited:

Without Wings

Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Also, for those that are interested in General Maths...

"There will be SIX questions based mainly on the topics prescribed for the HSC course. No
more than 30% of the examination will be based on the Preliminary course. Questions
based on the Preliminary course can also be asked when they lead in to questions based
on the HSC course. Marks from these lead-in questions will not be counted in the 30%
Preliminary allowance."

http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/pdf_doc/maths_general_syl.pdf

fly-away

HSC
N/A
So does that mean that for the HSC, i have to study both my prelim and Hsc notes? =/ I didn't even complete half my notes for prelims... oh dammit.

jet

Banned
HSC
So does that mean that for the HSC, i have to study both my prelim and Hsc notes? =/ I didn't even complete half my notes for prelims... oh dammit.
Notes for maths are nearly useless. Write a summary sheet of formulae and read over it.

Otherwise, past papers.

shady145

Banned
HSC
Is this not a waste of precious HSC time?
perhaps for other subjects but for maths... 30% are thereabouts of the exam is preliminary stuff... which is easy marks

dnt stress... at my school, we didnt start HSC maths until week 6 of term one Yr 12... we finished the course at the end of term 3 year 12... so easily over a term for straight revision

ilikebeeef

HSC
Our Chemistry teacher is some special representative guy who has to keep going on special important meetings and has to keep skipping classes. He also teaches really slowly (covers one dot point in like a week) because some kids in the class aren't smart enough to understand.

Oh well he's better than my old chemistry teacher who we forced to quit.
That really sucks. Oh well, good luck anyway.

HSC
perhaps for other subjects but for maths... 30% are thereabouts of the exam is preliminary stuff... which is easy marks

dnt stress... at my school, we didnt start HSC maths until week 6 of term one Yr 12... we finished the course at the end of term 3 year 12... so easily over a term for straight revision
Fair enough :)

Eddykungfu

HSC
for 2u maths, we didn't finish the prelim course til the end of the first term of year 12 ( 4th term year 11).

still, 60 /89 ppl got b6.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)