Hsc + trials weighting (1 Viewer)

devseth

HSC
Just wondering what is the overall weighting for the trials and hsc?
In terms of my overall hsc mark.

Thanks

Dev

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't really know what you're talking about here, you're rather vague. The trial weightings are usually set within a certain proximity by the school and BOS, they are commonly 30%-45% of the overall internal assessment mark which contributes to only half of the HSC mark.

devseth

HSC
Alright, sorry let me rephrase that.

What is the:
Weighting of trials.
Weighting of the hsc (final) tests.

Thanks

blackratpoo

HSC
ur confused dude. lets use say business studies as an example.

throughout the year, your school creates lets say 5 assessments/exams to give you an assessment mark for the business studies course. e.g. 10% oral presentation 20% half yearly 15% report 15% essay 40% trial. these assessments give you an assessment mark that the school gives to the board. the total assessment mark is 50% of your total HSC mark. the other 50% comes from the exam you do on the day of the business studies HSC exam.

of course there are more complex processes involved such as the moderation of ur assessment mark to exam marks etc. but this is the jist.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Each assessment by each school has different values. So yeah.

HSC
quite simple maths

if your trial is worh "m " percent of your your internal then the whole weighting of ( ie in your overall hsc mark ) your trials will be m/ 100 x 50/100 ( the trial is out of the internal, and the internal contributes 50% of hsc mark )

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Alright, sorry let me rephrase that.

What is the:
Weighting of trials.
Weighting of the hsc (final) tests.

Thanks
Its a pretty vague question. Unless you mean, what is the weighing of internals (inhouse exams) and weighting of externals (HSC). In this case it would be 50:50
Weighing of trials is different, because each school can assign a random percentage usually around 30-40%.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)