HSC- Trick questions? (1 Viewer)

NWO

HSC
If the AOS question says:

'... I was more aware of our difference.'

Explain the speaker's relationship with his brother.

Do you have to USE the above/ given quote? And when ever they give you a quote, do you always have to analyse their quote or can you use a different one?

Also, in the trials, there was a question that said:

How has imagery been used to convey the author's isolation?

Can i use a different technique to describe it such as a similie instead of the imagery?

Thanks lol

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
If the AOS question says:

'... I was more aware of our difference.'

Explain the speaker's relationship with his brother.

Do you have to USE the above/ given quote? And when ever they give you a quote, do you always have to analyse their quote or can you use a different one?
In this instance, you don't have to use the quote, but it is preferable. It depends on the wording as to whether it's mandatory.

Also, in the trials, there was a question that said:

How has imagery been used to convey the author's isolation?

Can i use a different technique to describe it such as a similie instead of the imagery?

Thanks lol
Imagery is a very general technique. You can use more specific techniques, like similes, to create imagery.

NWO

HSC
Oh thanks. You said its preferrable. There is no technique for that quote lol. Maybe the given quote allows you to focus on the IDEA, and with that idea use a different quote etc.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
There's definitely techniques in that quote. Just not obvious ones. Things like first person (1) or use of the possessive pronoun (our) are techniques.

But you definitely need to focus on the idea expressed in the quote if you're not directly using it. Or you can talk around it e.g. "The phrase [phrase] is paralleled later in text where the character refers to his brother as

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)