• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HSC Veterans, save me from this extension dilemma. (1 Viewer)

malayansurf

HSC
Hey kids, I've got the biggest dilemma in my head at the moment and it's about dropping Extension Japanese.

Firstly let me explain my situation to you, I'm currently last in the subject and just passing. The idea of creative writing in and the two minute monologues in Japanese scare the living hell outta me.

I'm just getting 80% in Continuers and I only do 11units. Will the just passing state of it scale really well in the HSC? Is it worth even keeping? Should I just focus on the 10 units instead? What the hell do I do!?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
if you can do really well in the 10 units, id drop the ext jap and just focus on your remaining 10 units, because theres no point in doing a subject that youre barely passing, and even though it probably wont count, itll take up some valuable time that youll need in preparation for other subjects.
what do you wanna do in uni? does it involve any sort of japanese?
if not drop it asap

CieL

HSC
I did Jap Ext1.. it was a fun course and you get to learn so much more vocab than just being in the cont. course.. it's probably the only reason I can play Japanese games now lol..

But if I were you, I'd keep it.. it helped my continuers course alot because I knew more vocab and structures.. and if it doesn't get counted in your 10units, at least you've improved upon your two units worth of Japanese..

sykoticx

HSC
hmm.. I dunno.. if you're finding it hard and you're not doing well, maybe dropping it is the best option..
Talk to your teacher... when I first started it, I didn't like the subject as well...
To be honest its not the best of subjects but oh well... I spoke to my teacher and told him how I was thinking of dropping it..
But he gave me some confidence and stuff... so I kept it.. and its good I did.. I'm coming 2nd..

But yeah.. it varies from person to person... just talk to your teacher and see what they say and then think it over.. don't wanna be regretting it later on...

acq128

HSC
It certainly does help your continuers course as you are kinda putting that extra lesson or 2 per week into Japanese

when i did mine, it didn't scale too well but that wasn't what i was after, if thats what you're after, then talk it over with your teacher

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)