Hsc vs trials (1 Viewer)

studygirl118

HSC
Calling all HSC veterans!!

Do people find that they do better in the actual HSC than they do in the trials? Or about the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fluffchuck

HSC
English and Physics - I did better in the actual HSC
Everything else - I did better in the trials

But I didn't do a lot better, only better by like a few %

XCC

HSC
I did significantly better in my HSC than my trials.

portia1605

HSC
Hey there,

I got 99.95 in last year's HSC and found that the HSC was actually harder than trials. That was probably because of the stress, but certain papers like Advanced Paper 1 and 2, Economics and Ext 1 Maths I found difficult. On the other hand, I found English Extension 1 and 2u maths more simple. Honestly, it depends on the subject, and it's best just to go on without expectations and try your hardest regardless of what you've previously done.

horse9996

HSC
From what I've seen people generally get better marks in the HSC because there is more time to study the content and be good at it

andrew12678

HSC
I felt really tired during Trials and didn't really perform well in any subject except for English which was the 1st exam. Was completely drained for the rest of the exams and made some comical and uncharacteristic mistakes. For HSC, provided you have paced yourself with revision for the last 1.5-2months before and have not left everything for last minute it should be a less challenging endeavour

Godard

HSC
The trial paper is just as the name suggests - 'a trial' run of the HSC which is supposed to help students become acquainted to the HSC exam format, managing time and answering questions to score high marks. This usually means the trial is a good practice run for students to understand what they need to work on for the actual HSC exams.

If you notice any weaknesses you had in exams (e.g. time management in essays, lack of knowledge about a particular topic), you can work on these in the weeks leading up to the HSC. So, I would say if you didn't do the best in trials, don't worry. You still have a lot of time to work on it and achieve your goals.

Robbie M

HSC
Generally people find HSC easier as you have more time to prepare for the exams and have the prior knowledge of what you've done wrong and where to improve from trials.
Additionally a lot of people on this website come from highly academic schools which have difficult trial papers which in comparison to the HSC makes it much more manageable as it is easier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)