HSC: What band are you hoping for/aiming? (1 Viewer)

MarsBarz

HSC
I'm hoping for a band 6 but I'm not entirely sure I'll get it. I haven't done much work this year in SDD but I am now doing a few hours of SDD per day and will do so until the HSC so I think that I'm improving exponentially.

What are you aiming for? And if you've already done the HSC what band/final mark did you get?

HSC
aiming for band 6, at least 95 or so, cause i got high marks in my theory responses but shot down in algorithms and modelling so only 1 part to work on

Ghost1788

HSC
i dont mean to put you down but wouldn't everyone be hoping for band 6

however i'm like Casmira i get good for the theory but i lose a little in the algorithms

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Casmira you'll need to work pretty hard to get 95, if your rank is 6/27.

91 + and i'll be pretty happy.

HSC
the students who got 1/2/3/4/5 are more determined than me to get 95, and probably more chance, they're all 3u students and im more than happy for them to go well, boosts up my mark :uhhuh:

but actually i wont have to work very hard at all sikeveo, my total overall SDD results go as;

assessment 1; 23/30 - 8/35
assessment 2; 70% - 2/30
assessment 3; 80% - 2/27
assessment 4; 85% - 2/27
assessment 5; 65% - 6/27

its a shame i went so crap in trial and first assessment, they dragged my mark down, other wise i'd be around 2nd, its too bad, night before SDD exam i was watching 24 :uhhuh:

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
96 was top 10. 95 is hard. What do you mean by 3u students? SDD is 2u.

Edit: A testament to that fact that 95 is hard is that no-one from your school attained band 6 last year. Not saying your schools is bad, but 95 is a tough (t)ask.

Last edited:
HSC
sikeveo said:
96 was top 10. 95 is hard. What do you mean by 3u students? SDD is 2u.

Edit: A testament to that fact that 95 is hard is that no-one from your school attained band 6 last year. Not saying your schools is bad, but 95 is a tough (t)ask.
3u students in terms of 3u maths, and my reason for saying that is almost like a metaphor, basically all 3unit maths students tend to be working very hard and take their school seriously, so the people who beat me where not your every day slackers, 2 years ago our school had 3 students obtain 94, last year i think it was like 92, 89, 88, those previous years had only 2-3 students obtain the high marks, but hte first 6-7 people in this SDD's year has higher/same marks than the 2-3 of the previous years, hence the head teachers optimism :)

edit: remember, nothing is impossible, only very hard, and i have a strict SDD study routine to get me that 95

- 1 past paper (hsc, independent, anything i can find) per 2 days
- summary of entire course (completed, only polisihng up)
- mind map of entire course
- after every day of mind map, i get the headings and attempt to write what i remember without looking, anything i dont remember i check and write, then next day check again over and over
- do plenty of algorithms, modelling etc...
- lots of past papers

Last edited:
HSC
nice largo, cant see you getting less than 95 if you keep to that,

I'm hoping for a band 6 in software and Algorithms are definately my weak point.
I just have no idea what i'm doing, I can't study for them :S

HSC
to be dead honest its very hard to push myself to do it initially, but once im in i dont stop.I've only doen the above cycle once, its actually fairly addictive to study for SDD, because im the type where i see a big algorithm and i must solve it or i wont leave

edit: LARGO!? where did you get that alias from, UT!?

Last edited:

aaaman

Banned
HSC
DigitalFortress said:
nice largo, cant see you getting less than 95 if you keep to that,

I'm hoping for a band 6 in software and Algorithms are definately my weak point.
I just have no idea what i'm doing, I can't study for them :S
you can study for them by the simple term of getting practice :)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
well casmira im glad your taking your studies seriously, but you cant focus purely on SDD. i think you need to even out your study patterns or else your subjects is gonna suffer, so its all about time management. if you can do the same thing for other subjects as you did here then it would be fantastic. good luck

HSC
the great thing is i didnt go as bad in other subjects, so i dont need such a vicious cycle of study like my SDD, i tried that vicious cycle for chem and it got me 80% in trial! great mark but i only did 1 past paper and it wasnt even a hsc paper, so i have the effort and time to focus on SDD and not as much on others

HSC
Casmira said:
to be dead honest its very hard to push myself to do it initially, but once im in i dont stop.I've only doen the above cycle once, its actually fairly addictive to study for SDD, because im the type where i see a big algorithm and i must solve it or i wont leave

edit: LARGO!? where did you get that alias from, UT!?
UT %D%D%D.....

MarsBarz

HSC
That's insane Casmira. I'm sure such hard work will pay off. You've inspired me to try even harder. The thing though is that I'm doing 12 units including 2 extensions so managing my time is very very hard. But I'm going to start studying a hell of a lot more now.

aaaman

Banned
HSC
MarsBarz said:
That's insane Casmira. I'm sure such hard work will pay off. You've inspired me to try even harder. The thing though is that I'm doing 12 units including 2 extensions so managing my time is very very hard. But I'm going to start studying a hell of a lot more now.
ppl hav been studying hard in dis course?? lol no offense dis course is about common knowledge if u actually look at it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)