HSTY1025 Middle Ages? Anyone taking this? (1 Viewer)

okay.then

HSC
Hi...I just transferred into this subject on Thursday, and so I missed the first two Monday lectures. Can anyone tell me roughly what went on in them? What should I know - anything of extreme importance??

Also, I got an email from the coordinator, which I guess she sent to everyone doing the subject. Mentioning an assignment? And something about signing up for a question on Monday? With a link to a website (http://teaching.arts.usyd.edu.au/history/hsty1025/) which I can't actually get onto? This all confuses me. So can anyone else access the website? And is HSTY1025 on webCT? And also which monday, what questions?

Thanks

Last edited:

neafoo

HSC
okay.then said:
Hi...I just transferred into this subject on Thursday, and so I missed the first two Monday lectures. Can anyone tell me roughly what went on in them? What should I know - anything of extreme importance??

Also, I got an email from the coordinator, which I guess she sent to everyone doing the subject. Mentioning an assignment? And something about signing up for a question on Monday? With a link to a website (http://teaching.arts.usyd.edu.au/history/hsty1025/) which I can't actually get onto? This all confuses me. So can anyone else access the website? And is HSTY1025 on webCT? And also which monday, what questions?

Thanks
I'm going to take a stab in the dark here and presume that the question that you must sign onto is an essay question. Often with big courses (especially in HSTY) they get 20 essay questions and limit it so about 15 people can do each one by haivng a sign up sheet (this way they dont get 300 essays on one topic). So the questions will probably be in the course outline, which would have been handed out in lectures. It will probably be on the website too, I'm guessing you need to use your unikey to log onto it.
Of course i may be very wrong :D?

Last edited:

okay.then

HSC
You make a lot of sense! :) Thankyou!

I was able to download the course outline...but it has no eassy q's on it. So I guess they're on the website. Except the website doesn't accept my Unikey as a login...is this just me? Or do you know any other logins I could be using? Maybe it's the website itself...like a technical problem.

And by sign up for a question on Monday - she doesn't mean Monday-in-2-days-time, does she?

Last edited:

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Websites on teaching.arts.usyd.edu.au like that one don't use UniKey, they typically use a password that's given out at the lecture. I'd suggest you email the lecturer.

breakout-09

Awesomeness
HSC
Well, I was at both lectures and either don't remember, or wasn't told, what the key to the site is. So if you find out let me know! :D

You didn't miss much though - the first lecture was just an intro with some stuff about using the library, etc, and the second was an introduction into what we'll be actually doing (some examples of what we'll look into anyway). I think the slides are going to be put online anyway, so once we get that key, it's all good...

breakout-09

Awesomeness
HSC
Edit: Well, you should have gotten an email with the details for the site this arvo..

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)