HTA Awards (1 Viewer)

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
Hey All
Just wondering if anyone is submitting their major assignments into the HTA(History Teachers Association) Extension History essay competition?
My teacher wanted me to submit mine, however I would have to fix it up for it to be competitive, which takes up time that I don't really have.

laracroft

yeah my teacher got me to submit mine...but the whole point is that ur essay is exactly the same as it was when it was marked by your teacher....so you're not meant to make changes, but neways

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
Yeah, if you change it then you're not really presenting your extension history work, but a competition essay. Kind of defies the point, since it's supposed to be competition for the best works. Plus it's an unfair advantage. If it's not suitably competitive as is, then that's something you probably should have thought of before you handed it in for marking.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
mne's submitted. heh, i didnt even look at it again when my teacher asked me, just took off the headers and footers and printed off the copies.
seems a bit unfair though if some ppl refine theirs - defeats the purpose.
ah well, something tells me that somehow, someway, im gonna live even if ppl do...:D

Jennibeans

HSC
my teacher never said anything bout submitting ours - they must not have been that good aye

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
Jennibeans said:
my teacher never said anything bout submitting ours - they must not have been that good aye
heh, dont think like that! *hugs* im sure they were good, would kcik the arse of all our essays. its optional to send in essays - perhaps they just couldnt be bothered? or left it too late or something. lotsa schools dont submit after all.

Scatterbrain

is it true that we have to think up a title for our paper coz at this point, mine has only the question & i cant think of a way to make it into some sort of snappy statement

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I was asked to submit mine, but in the end, I decided against it, because I don't think it's up to par.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
i got full marks for mine and the external marker said it was the best she had ever read. but i never heard anythign about this hta's??

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
What external marker? It's up to your teacher to know about it and choose to submit it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)