http://community.boredofstudies.org/images/icons/icon4.PLEASE EXPLAIN! Maths scaleing (1 Viewer)

Robert422

HSC
I was wondering if anybody out there can tell me, and could briefly or provide a long response for how marks are moderated in consideration to General Mathematics. This would be greatly appreciated http://community.boredofstudies.org/images/icons/icon7.gif
Smile Based on revison of the test and posted questions and paper on this site i estimate a Raw exam mark of 65% - 70%. Will this scale well? and be risen in performance band by the boared of studies? This cant be predictable but anything is better then what i know on the whole process regarding this subject because all other subjects i have seen have scaled fantastically such as english advanced and biology and i can find nothing on GENERAL MATHEMATICS. Thanks very much to whoeevr replies to this.

Regards Robert Murphy

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Scaling changes from year to year depending on the subject choices of each cohort. History has told us that General Maths tends to scale downwards, but Bands will depend on how your work is assessed by the judges - whether or not you have compled the outcomes of a particular band. Also important in the process is your class rank - what rank are you?

Oh, and scaling counts for nothing if you get a high enough exam mark. And you can't rely on scaling to pull a poor mark upwards. It changes from year to year depending on what particula subject choices each year chooses.

I_F

Robert422

HSC
Thanks

In reply to your response, i am ranked 5/38 and by my calcualations my assesment mark is between 65 - 70% could be higher. The top is low 70's. Marking my HSC exam i got between 65 - 70% not sure about small bits of working out which may add smaller marks here and there. So my Mark may go down? thats depressing :(. If it meens anything everyone after the test wasnt to confident at my school. Will that act favourably for me if my Exam position is high? and everyone elses is lower, lower then mine at least? as well as my assesment rank? thanks for replying and id appreciate if you could help me tie up these loose ends and anythign else you may know, i know its unpredictable but will my rank, mark in both assesment and test give me an increase or is it more possible that id stay at around my raw mark? Anybody else have any idea how this works also your input will be appreciated :)

Kind Regards,

Robert Murphy

P.S - is mid 60's early 70's a decent raw mark for this test? i know its not great but i am badish at maths (as the score suggests, lol) but is it bad? will i be mid range or below? be truthfull in your responses

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)