Huckleberry Finn - Related Texts. (1 Viewer)

CaitlinA

HSC
For Advance English at our school, we're going Huck Finn. I thought it was the most popular choice - WRONG. So, i'm having difficulty finding texts that will relate with this classic novel.

Suggestions? I've read most of these posts, but hardly any are focused primarily on Huck Finn.

I'm leaning towards Almost Famous at the moment. But i still need two.

Please, please, PLEASE help.

Thanks!

ForgetReality

HSC
Pretty much anything can relate to Huck Finn if you want it to - our class is doing it as well :)

I, personally, am using the movie Eurotrip, and the song 5,500 miles by the Presidents as related texts.

Other people in my class are doing
Movies
- Little Miss Sunshine
- Finding Nemo
- Stand By Me
- The Land Before Time

Songs
California - Phantom Planet

Poems
The Crash - John Fulcher

and a whole buttload of children's books.

Basically, for relating them, they can relate in themes eg, racism, coming of age, rites of passage, escapism, etc.
or in techniques, eg, describes natural surroundings, uses a 'picaresque' format, 1st person narration, describes physical hardships.
you can also relate if the protaganist undergoes a similar inner journey, and don't forget that Jim is going on a journey too.
you can always contrast your related texts, if you run out of similarities.
hope this helped some. :)

CaitlinA

HSC
Thanks for your help.. The only one that replied. Haha. I think i know what i'm doing.

Almost Famous (Film)
Let Me Be - Xavier Rudd (Song)

Long story why i picked them but they seem to go well together. I really wanted to do Dylans' Hard Rain's a'Gonna Fall, but my mate is. Bastard. Haha.

For my currect assessment I barely have to analyse Huck Finn, just link the texts to it, to i'm primarily focusing on the main protagonist (Huck). Arghh, we'll see.

Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)