human bio - few questions (1 Viewer)

westwing

HSC
hey guys
i'm planning on taking human bio this year and i'm wondering if anyone could give me any insight?
ive heard about the hbo stuff and friends were complaining about how hard it was last year, could anyone give some info in detail so i know what im in for?
i want to know if i'll struggle a lot - i did take biol1001 & mblg1001 and did surprisingly well on both (but i did struggle to grasp the vague concepts during mblg labs).
also, if anyone has any notes they're willing to give me that would be great!

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Check our subject reviews! I loved Human Bio ~ all assessments were easy - no excuse to score credit or below.

I dropped MBLG ~ too much chemistry and in order to make up for that unit I have to do BIOL1001. I heard BIOL1001 was pretty much HSC Biology all over again - it is concepts after all. :p

MetalTheory

HSC
Uni Grad
Human Biology has a lot of anatomy and physiology, so you should get studying on your anatomical positions. Apart from that, I thought it was a good course and I recommend doing it.

westwing

HSC
cool will do! yeah i remember freaking out for biol1001 cause i didnt take hsc bio but it actually wasnt that bad and the labs were pretty fun. what did you take up after you dropped mblg? i was THIS close to dropping mblg cause i didnt know anything at all about chem either. i actually dont know how i passed that unit...

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
I got notes for Human Bio ~ *cough* Lecture/HBO Activity summaries *cough* would that help? & also have my lab book still...

westwing

HSC
Human Biology has a lot of anatomy and physiology, so you should get studying on your anatomical positions. Apart from that, I thought it was a good course and I recommend doing it.
thanks, can you recommend any textbooks or study guides apart from those required for the unit?

rosemcc

HSC
Just to add on, does anyone know the big difference between standard and advanced human bio?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
^ Everything (lectures, workshops and practicals) is the same except for the assessments and the weighting ~ for BIOL1903 the students had to do an individual research-like report.

westwing

HSC
I got notes for Human Bio ~ *cough* Lecture/HBO Activity summaries *cough* would that help? & also have my lab book still...
O: omg do you think i could get them off you? ill like pay for em if i have to!

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
Just to add on, does anyone know the big difference between standard and advanced human bio?
There's an extra report you need to write on an area of your own interest and a special seminar series (probably the highlight of the unit). I'm not sure if the structure of the practicals is any different.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
^ We are all USyders and I'll help if I can haha. I am on my phone atm so I will send them tomorrow night. Since you cannot PM me can you leave an email address? Preferably one that is not of personal use?

westwing

HSC
^ We are all USyders and I'll help if I can haha. I am on my phone atm so I will send them tomorrow night. Since you cannot PM me can you leave an email address? Preferably one that is not of personal use?
WOW THANK YOU LIKE A HUNDRED THOUSAND BILLION TIMES. I THINK YOURE MAKING ME BELIEVE GOD AND BUDHDA AND GAHNID AND BIMALSDJFLASJF;LASDF ALL EXIST.
whah happened to your pm? ill probably make one now then.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Haha, yeah I disabled the feature ~ sorry for the inconvenience caused. :S I'll also send you the sample final exam. Give you a taste of BIOL1003/1903.

westwing

HSC
Haha, yeah I disabled the feature ~ sorry for the inconvenience caused. :S I'll also send you the sample final exam. Give you a taste of BIOL1003/1903.
ahh i see, all good. thank you so much! i owe you my future house.

Last edited:

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
^ Awwsh. Study ANAT2009 with me so I don't feel intimidated by actual med students and we'll call it even haha. No one plans on majoring in Anatomy and Histology. :(

PS. I got your email address, Westwing please delete that last post. :D

rosemcc

HSC
any chance I could get in on some of that?? (ozzygirl93@aim.com) thanks dude <3

westwing

HSC
^ Awwsh. Study ANAT2009 with me so I don't feel intimidated by actual med students and we'll call it even haha. No one plans on majoring in Anatomy and Histology. :(

PS. I got your email address, Westwing please delete that last post. :D
O: i think im doing that...frack i forgot what i chose lemme check

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Sure, rosemcc. Glad to help out. I saw your other post about advanced science but I am pretty sure you can do advanced units of science even if you studied standard junior units. Good Luck and All the Best. :D

westwing

HSC
awww mann im taking ANAT2008 & ANAT2010! shucks! i was considering taking 2009 but the prerequisites were 12 junior cp of biology (BIOL) and i took BIOL1001 & MBLG1001 D:

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Woops, I meant ANAT2008, ANAT2009 and ANAT2010. Guess I'll see you in those lectures when uni starts. You are a Science student right? Coz I am legit scared of med students. Now all the med students know my weakness - eek. :(

Like I said I will email you guys tomorrow night.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)