Human Biology BIOL1003 (1 Viewer)

bayan92

HSC
The prescribed texts are:

• Seeley, RR et al. 2005. Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology. 5th ed., McGraw Hill.
  • Mader, Sylvia. Human Biology 8th edition. McGraw Hill, (Chapters 19, 24, 26)
Is the Human Biology 8th edition essential? IE. Can I just buy the whole Essential books online without the three chapters from the other book and be fine?

kyeol58

HSC
Mader, Sylvia. Human Biology 8th edition. McGraw Hill, (Chapters 19, 24, 26)
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

where does it say that?
LOL
im a noob sry.
where do u get that list of prescribed books?

my uni?
co-op book shop?

i thought u had to get
Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology
and Human Biology Custom publication????

Son of Mac

HSC
I did Human Biology last year and found Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology Seeley, RR et al. 2005 to cover all the lecture material perfectly, unless a change to the syllabus has occurred.

brownie44

HSC
I agree. Seeley's Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology covers everything. I had the Mader chapters too, but didnt use them at all.

danz90

HSC
I agree. Seeley's Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology covers everything. I had the Mader chapters too, but didnt use them at all.
Ditto, didn't really come around to reading the Mader chapters much at all. Seeley's covered the content very well.

hey guys, is this unit hard?
Personally, I found it challenging, but I actually enjoyed it - gotta love human bio. There is heaps to remember, and it can feel daunting, don't worry you'll soon feel it - but by the end of sem, you would have cemented all the knowledge because you would have had to study all the content for both a mid and end sem multiple choice test, even before stuvac comes around. To be honest - I remember I barely studied for the final exam, just the day before - since I had already passed the course before the final exam came around.

Just make sure you do well in your practical report (20%) and spend good time on it and don't leave it to last minute. And make sure your group presentation is good too, try and maximise your marks here.

All in all - I reckon BIOL1003 wasn't hard, it just required effort and study throughout sem.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)