human biology vs physics? (1 Viewer)

unapplicable

HSC
N/A
Please help me, especially if you have done these subjects.

Which one do you think is easier to do well in and get high marks...human biology (BIOL 1903) or physics (PHYS 1901)? I like both EQUALLY (so no, I can't just choose the one I think I will like better as everyone is advising me to) and I did equally well in biology and physics in the HSC, getting band 6 for both. I have heard that Usyd biology faculty sucks, and human biology is hard...so would that mean I am better off doing physics?

Also, the enrolment guide stated that it is recommended that human biology should be taken with concept in biology. Would I be disadvantaged if I didn't take concepts in biology, but did human biology only?

Thank you very much.

brownie44

HSC
Please help me, especially if you have done these subjects.

Which one do you think is easier to do well in and get high marks...human biology (BIOL 1903) or physics (PHYS 1901)? I like both EQUALLY (so no, I can't just choose the one I think I will like better as everyone is advising me to) and I did equally well in biology and physics in the HSC, getting band 6 for both. I have heard that Usyd biology faculty sucks, and human biology is hard...so would that mean I am better off doing physics?

Also, the enrolment guide stated that it is recommended that human biology should be taken with concept in biology. Would I be disadvantaged if I didn't take concepts in biology, but did human biology only?

Thank you very much.
I did human biology back in 2008 and I found it to be very difficult. Theres 3 lectures a week plus a fortnightly prac and work to be dont online, but these alone wont be enough to pass the exam. You have to study consistently from the very beginning otherwise youll fall behind and wont be able to catch up. I didnt do concepts in biology but I doubt this would help because what you learn in human bio is apparently heaps different to concepts. Seeing as you did bio in the HSC Im sure you would be familiar with some of the terms (eg osmosis). All I can say is human biology has a very heavy workload and if you dont study consistently you will fail (I know of quite a few people who did). However, I cant speak for physics.

imyh

HSC
I took both human biology and physics and did better for the latter, although i liked human bio more and put in alot more effort. think i screwed up my report, and im really bad with mcq.

On the other hand, 7 out of my 9 friends did better for human bio instead. just some mini-stats for your reference. :) (although i doubt it'd help u decide)

No, you won't be disadvantaged if you hadn't taken concepts in biology. But according to my friends Concepts in Biology was easier.

Last edited:

unapplicable

HSC
N/A
thanks for replying.

do you think the faculty offers more HD and D in physics than in biology? Anyone got some statistics? What about the no. of ppl who fail... do people fail in physics?

cos i have heard from many people that the usyd bio faculty is really not good, and they advised me not to do biology at all, but I love biology...i dunno whether they are just exaggerating. I don't want to do human biology if I'm going to fail in it, even though I think I'm going to be more interested in it than physics. Please help, thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)