Human Coloning (1 Viewer)

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
Human cloning is uncharted territory, and it is for that reason alone why we must champion a clone's creation.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
leetom said:
Human cloning is uncharted territory, and it is for that reason alone why we must champion a clone's creation.
The effects of an H-Bomb on a city of over 10 million people are also uncharted territory, I say we bomb Tokyo.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I don't have a problem with cloning organs to use in transplants. They could be very beneficial but are currently banned I think. There is no need to clone humans though.

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
withoutaface said:
The effects of an H-Bomb on a city of over 10 million people are also uncharted territory, I say we bomb Tokyo.
Judging from the effects of similar weapons used on other Japanese cities, the effect on Tokyo could be fairly accurately predicted.

There is no need to clone humans though.
But arn't you curious?

cerebrum

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
i'm against it, even for cats and stuff. its just wrong. seriously, what do we really achieve by being able to make more cats/sheep/people, even if they are identical (wow...not). having sex will give you more people, and its a lot more fun than slaving in a lab with cells. besides, if the only reason we clone is for our own selfish purposes then it is not worth it. so what, a few people might die because we dont clone them. its not a big deal when you compare it to possibly ruining somebody's entire life by using this sick technology.
I don't think cloning is undertaken to increase the population of a particular species. It is untertooken for medical needs however it is also used in one case to replace cherished pets people have lost.
I don't feel it is neccessary to clone an identical version of your dead pet. As more issues will arise from the benefits brought from it.

K

katie_tully

And as we discussed last night, with the process of random segregation and such there's not 100% guarantee you're going to get an exact copy of the genetic information.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
katie_tully said:
And as we discussed last night, with the process of random segregation and such there's not 100% guarantee you're going to get an exact copy of the genetic information.
Random segregation only applies in gametes, you'd be getting the genetic information from the somatic cells and then planting it in gametes which have had their chromosomes removed.

malkin86

HSC
But even then, the birthmother's mitochondrial DNA would be different to the original's DNA, giving an almost exact copy - so unless you wanted to give birth to yourself, "perfect" cloning isn't happening.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Im sure it would somehow get outta hand... fuk cloning just do it the "traditional" way lol

Molluck

You mean non-specifically? This Universe.
HSC
War has brought about new technologies (killing many in the process). The need for a better weapon than the enemy creates a technology boom. These new technologies can be altered and used for domestic purposes. E.g more efficient froms of and power production/consumption. Perhaps cloning will bring about new domestically applicable technologies for many purposes.

HET Reaper

HSC
anti-mathmite said:
Only a small (insane) minority of people support the cloning of humans, like those idiots who think we are from aliens or something.
QUOTE]

Only a large majority of idiots think that we are all inbred and come from one set of parents but they seem to havre allot of staying power.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Actually HET Reaper it isn't that improbable. All descending from a common female ancestor is well within the error limits by looking at the mitochondrial DNA. Similar for all males at least descending from a common male ancestor. Granted there were many thousands of years apart but still :p

cerebrum

HSC
shady_03 said:
Im sure it would somehow get outta hand... fuk cloning just do it the "traditional" way lol
Cloning may get out of hand. However maybe with the help of cloning we can create our children to have particular characteristics that we can never achieve doing it the "traditional way".

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
cerebrum said:
Cloning may get out of hand. However maybe with the help of cloning we can create our children to have particular characteristics that we can never achieve doing it the "traditional way".
yeah but its unnatural - picking wat characteristics u want for ur child instead of letting nature take its course - the idea of designer babies makes me fukin sick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)