human rights help (1 Viewer)

jonowang

HSC
what are some of the challencges that indigenous australians create for australia in regards to human rights?
is this just the fact that they are far away and tend to be different to the rest of australia? they dont got education and all of that.

and what 2 other nations have problems with indigenous people and human rights and how do they compare with australia? and how do australia's response to them affect the international community

BloomyLove

HSC Hater
HSC
I am not sure about other countries.. but to anwser your first question you might want to look at The stolen generation and the impacts of that, The Mabo Decision - Native Title and Land rights - Terra Nullius, The freedom rides and the 1967 referendum. I had an assessment similar and these were a help to me.

I hope that helped otherwise, Ignore me!

=]

lychnobity

HSC
A good international example are the Canadian people and their indigenous (called the Inuit). Australia has historically mimicked Canada in terms of their treatment of the Indigenous, having followed their formal apology with our own a few years later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)