Hungry Jack's Interview (1 Viewer)

daugust1

HSC
Hi, i was just wondering can anyone here give me advice/tips for an interview, as i got called to go to an interview for Hungry Jacks tomorrow.

I applied for the position this morning and about 3hrs later the phone rang, with the manager asking me if i would like to have an interview with them.

Im so nervous, does anyone here knows what im suppose to do? The manager didnt really give me any details on where to have the interview although im guessing it will be inside the Hungry Jacks Restaurant. He just told me if im still interested i should come at 5pm and wear casual clothes along with a resume which im suppose to bring. So does anyone know where the interview will take place inside the restaurant??

Gosh i should of asked him when i had the chance, oh well i guess thats why this site was made for people like me asking questions.

Thankyou
Best Regards

Jon73

human dick-tionary
HSC
mate if u can string a sentence u are pretty much guaranteed a job

it's hungry jacks, they're desperate. just don't fuck it up.

good luck

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Jon73 said:
mate if u can string a sentence u are pretty much guaranteed a job

it's hungry jacks, they're desperate. just don't fuck it up.

good luck
hahahhahahhahah you've plucked the thoughts right out of my head. that's exactly what i think of when someone posts about getting a job at mcdonalds/hungry jack's/etc.

hipposmell

HSC
I used to work at hungry jacks and the interview..pshhh it was like a normal conversation, really laid back and the fact they called you 3 hours after you applied seriously indicates you will get the job. Like what Jon73 sed, they're desperate so dont stress at all. good luck :)

daugust1

HSC
I just did the interview, it didnt seem like it was an interview at all. (the interviewer forgot i had the interview) I definitley know i got the job, although i think i put down too many hours. I want to change them because i know it will affect me in Yr 11 and 12 next yr. What should i do, i should of told them that i can only work during the holidays but i guess its too late for that :(.
The lady told me i had to go back there tomorrow for something :? , I wonder should i tell them tomorrow while im there or dont worry about and tell them once school starts?????

any Ideas will be great.

aussiechica7

HSC
don't tell them anything. then when yr 11 starts give them an ultinatum- no more than 1 close and another 2 shifts per week, or i quit.

in yr 12 quit regardless.

they're a multinational company that makes money off of australia's growing obesity crisis. you don't owe them anything, and especially not your grades just because u don't want to offend them.

i worked for them in yr 11 and no matter what i told them they were giving me 3 close shifts a week. when i finally stood up for myself (ok, my mum wrote the manager a letter, lol) they got cut with me. whatever... i never have to worry about them or their "vibrant career opportunities" (i.e. we will make u our slave during your vce/hsc so that you have no choice but to work for us) ever again. so have they stopped paying 15 year olds more than $6/hr yet?

(my story turned out well- after i left, i got hired at a cafe that appreciated my hospitality experience, and fast forward to today, i'm in uni doing what i love)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
aussiechica7 said:
no matter what i told them they were giving me 3 close shifts a week. when i finally stood up for myself (ok, my mum wrote the manager a letter, lol) they got cut with me.
hahaha that happened to me as well, not at HJ though. they kept giving me like 4 shifts a week even though i told them repeatedly i could only do two during school time...a couple of times i was rostered on to work on school days as well. the way i fixed it was that before the next roster came out i N/A'd the whole week except what i could work on the calendar and when the roster was posted up with more shifts than that on it i crossed them out and informed my manager that i couldn't and wouldnt be working those days and then i turned my phone off when those shifts were due to happen just in case they still insisted that i turn up. i guess sometimes you just have to take it into ur own hands lol...it worked too.

daugust1

HSC
Thanks for the advice, i also have an idea but for some reason i dont think its right but i'll ask you guys anyways.

Okay considering im defintely going to quit when i start yr 11(well depends if its a good job ill stay but if its not seeu later) What if i dont tell them i quit and just leave without saying anything. Wouldnt that be the easiest thing to do, than going through the process of humilitation??

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
you could do that, but you won't get a reference from them if you do. you won't need to give much notice, just a note of resignation handed in at the last shift you intend to do should be okay.

HSC
Hungry Jacks would be the sort of place which would have a high staff turnover rate. I'm sure they expect staff to quit following school holidays, so even if they give you shit about it, its nothing to worry about.

As for notice, I'd say a week. Yes two weeks would be polite, but then again do you really want the potential for managers being unhappy with you for too long. Maybe even just two shifts. I don't know really, I've never really intended to quit my job so I've never thought about such things.

I hope Hungry Jacks isn't too horrible. Not that I'm trying to scare you or anything...:)

mitch179

HSC
My brother is a 3rd level Assistant Manager at a Hungry Jacks store. Normally interviews will take place inside the party room if the store has one. Or it might take place out the back in the tea room or something.

My brother also says that they hire just about anybody because they are always looking for staff.

pete_mate

HSC
Silver Persian said:
Is it possible to get a job at McD's or HJ's when you're 20 - or would I be too old :(
fuck you people aim low, what the hell is wrong with you.

it seems you are able to use a computer and type sentances, i think you're therefore capable of getting a better job.

I am genuinely amazed by the level of people lining up to get jobs here, as i am the level of people that eat there to begin with.

16 year old kids have an excuse, but honestly fast food is a terrible job.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
pete_mate said:

it seems you are able to use a computer and type sentances, i think you're therefore capable of getting a better job.

I am genuinely amazed by the level of people lining up to get jobs here, as i am the level of people that eat there to begin with.

hahahhahahahahah the irony

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
pete_mate said:

sometimes better jobs are hard to come by. it's probably not the most exciting job in the world but if it gets your bills paid/textbooks bought/etc then it's worth it.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yeah that silver persian guy is a good student: has close to an hd average. however, i think he does arts.

HSC
pete_mate said:

Well, I'm sure fast food isn't the best work environment in the world - I imagine the greasy-salty-sweaty atmosphere would become horrible after awhile - but the rate of pay for a +20 is OK (16.75/hr after about 3 months). And I effectively have no work experience

And, as Staz points out, I'm an arts student :(

stazi

Nightman
HSC
personally, i think you could be earning that rate, elsewhere, in an office, even with a b arts degree. it would be better for your future career, too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)