Hurlstone or Pats....(threads merged) (1 Viewer)

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
hey ivan how is senour life at pats anyways?

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
drynxz said:
hey ivan how is senour life at pats anyways?
It's pretty good. The workload becomes pretty hectic, but that'd be at any school. Plus, a lot of the people in year 10 who acts like idiots leave during year 11 too, so you wouldn't have to worry as much about them, it's cool overall. :)

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
we would have to lose half our grade to remove most of the idiots from it
Yeah that's pretty true.. aye who are you?

Last edited:

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
soulsearch is gabriel, the guy who got 117/120 in his HSC 2 unit trials *hmm

and im damian lee a guy in year 10...

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
right now im like 60-40 to go hurlstone...depends on the HSC results commin out next week

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
So SoulSearcher, you're that famous super-genius Mathematician in year 10.

Congrats on that, and also congrats on the HD in Science :)

And drynxz, so how do the HSC results impact on your decision exactly?

SeDaTeD

HSC
Well, I went to Hurlstone from yr7 to 12 and I don't regret it one bit.

I find no engineering studies a bit strange, must be just that grade.

And no, est 1908 does not mean there are 98 year old buildings standing around, lol. Actually I think it has only been at Glenfield since around 1927? But there aren't any really old buildings there anyway.

Well a 20 minute train trip from Fairfield to Glenfield is nothing, that's only 6 stations. And the school's right outside the station anyway. (I caught the train from Cabra after a 12 minute walk)

There are some other schools nearby, but there is hardly (none probably) any contact with them anyway. You probably won't even notice them at all. So the things you have complained about would probably never come across your mind again.

On Agriculture being compulsary. Well I can only say it's fair, as would most students who've done it in junior years, that the new students in year 11 have to do it. Come to an agricultural high school and walk out without having done any agriculture? Haha I didn't like ag at the time i did it in my junior years but i kinda miss it. (Potato harvest on last day of year 10 in pouring rain :D)

I don't know if much has changed since I graduated (2004), but I guess you might find the culture more strict (Actually I think it's become progreessively less strict during my 6 years there)? But you went to a private school so I'd assume that would also be the case there? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Chem v Bio? I'd choose Chem, depending later on with what type of engineering you want to do, it might be assumed knowledge. Actually I don't think engineering studies is that necessary if you choose to do engineering at uni anyway.

Academically, yeah the students will get competitive. I had an excellent chem teacher who made sure we had everything covered and emphasised to maximise marks. Although I'm not sure what's going on with some teachers being forced by the department to transfer to other schools.

Oh and one other thing. You will be in year 12 in 2007, the centenary of Hurlstone. May not mean a lot to you yet but it means a hell of a lot to many ex-Hurlstonians. Don't let them down.

Well it's up to you. If you don't want to join then there's plenty of other students who will.

Hope that gives you somewhat of a picture. And welcome if you do wish to join :).

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
Boxxxhead said:

And drynxz, so how do the HSC results impact on your decision exactly?
well i wanna see how both school perform, so i know how our school stands amoungst other schools...it wont impact much, but i just wanna compare the current year 12, to the predicted performance of my grade when they are doing HSC..

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Boxxxhead said:

thank you

that 117/120 was freakish

drynxz said:
well i wanna see how both school perform, so i know how our school stands amoungst other schools...it wont impact much, but i just wanna compare the current year 12, to the predicted performance of my grade when they are doing HSC..
how are you going to compare that damien, when you cant even predict the results of our grade?

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
thank you

that 117/120 was freakish

how are you going to compare that damien, when you cant even predict the results of our grade?
well i compare the current year 12 wif year 10, and then predict it...thus if this year 12 gets like 7 percent...we will most certanly do worse...think of all the idiots in our grade...

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
i just noticed those italian and ugo dikheads are not leaving next year...*not being racist in any way*

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
Something that I found interesting, was that even though your year 10 is presumed to be the "dumb" grade, Mrs Fellows told us at concert and prizegiving that they did better than my grade on the science school certificate. :(

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
yeh true ture... krawek told me personally too...man thats suprising...but mainly cause the school cert was easier this year..

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
well why dont u give another reason why year 10 did better than year 11, keeping in mind that year 10 is probably the worse grade in the school (academic wise compared to year 11).

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
omg my school came 159 while HAHS came 29....both falling ><"

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
drynxz said:
omg my school came 159 while HAHS came 29....both falling ><"
lol Pats will come back this year :) anyways you made your decision yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)