Hurlstone Selective Yr 8-12 Test (1 Viewer)

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Does anyone know what the Hurlstone Selective Test for Yr 8-12 is like?

riya03

HSC
As mentioned in the other post, I think they will conduct an ACER Test, which mainly consists of four segments - English, Maths, Sci and Writing Skills. But some schools like Fort St have their own test which is completely diferent from the ACER test.

So, basically it comes down to the school..you many want to ring the school and clairfy your queries :)

studentcheese

HSC
erggh well I have a few friends who took various tests to get into selective schools. For Fort St, you take a Maths and English test, and yes, it is completely different to the ACER test. The test is mainly on skills. For Hurlstone, they conduct a ACER similar test, which usually helps pick out the academically gifted students. For other schools such as Sydney Girls, St George Girls and James Ruse - send only report. No test. North Sydney Girls conducts the ACER test.

riya03

HSC
Yes, the ACER Examination is Multiple Choice.

riya03

HSC
erggh well I have a few friends who took various tests to get into selective schools. For Fort St, you take a Maths and English test, and yes, it is completely different to the ACER test. The test is mainly on skills. For Hurlstone, they conduct a ACER similar test, which usually helps pick out the academically gifted students. For other schools such as Sydney Girls, St George Girls and James Ruse - send only report. No test. North Sydney Girls conducts the ACER test.
Just out of curiosity, were your friends successful in their applications?

riya03

HSC
I attend an all girls private school in the west.

studentcheese

HSC
One was successful into Hurlstone, another successful into Fort Street, and another placed on the reserve list for Hurlstone.

riya03

HSC
wow, thats great! They must have studied super hard to be offered an enrolment!

Did you apply aswell?

studentcheese

HSC
Yeah, they sure studied, because the test gives questions on stuff that you may not have learnt yet. I didn't apply.

riya03

HSC
No, there is an endless list of girl's private school's...but I don't want to be revealing personal information just yet, I'm quite new to this forum.

x3.eddayyeeee

HSC
approx. 50 multiple choice each of English/spelling & Maths.
plus one wrting task. all in one go. 1.5 hours I think . . .

thats based on what the Hurlstone test was like last year for me.

HSC
N/A
for hurlstone, isnt it compulsory to do agriculture for HSC or is that up till yr 10 only?

riya03

HSC
I think it is upto year 10...well it is at JR. However, I'm assuming that he will be applying for year 11 entry, so it is unlikely that he will be compelled to do Agriculture.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
approx. 50 multiple choice each of English/spelling & Maths.
plus one wrting task. all in one go. 1.5 hours I think . . .

thats based on what the Hurlstone test was like last year for me.
That made my day :D

pricklygoo

HSC
I got to Hurlstone and they let alot of kids in that ar'nt really that intelligent. alot of them are though
The TEST is HARD

rosa_

HSC
I got to Hurlstone and they let alot of kids in that ar'nt really that intelligent. alot of them are though
The TEST is HARD
I wouldn't say that's necessarily, I am a current student at the school, take in mind that the school is also part boarding school and that students are also from the country and in some cases international.

Also:
for hurlstone, isnt it compulsory to do agriculture for HSC or is that up till yr 10 only?
For students coming in during Year 7-10 agriculture is compulsory, and if you come in in year 11 you are to do agriculture. Every student entering has to do Agriculture for at least a year. Thats why the school is called Agricultural LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)