I am doing general math although i want to be a software engineer. (1 Viewer)

medicalscientist10

HSC
Hello, i am currently in year 11 and i am doing general maths. I could have performed 3 unit if i liked although at the begging of the year i lacked dedication. When i say i could have done 3 unit i mean i feel like i could because i understand concepts quickly. Although i know it is difficult. I started the year in 2 unit and was doing well in my quizzes. Although the fact i had not cared about school lead me to dropping 2 unit and doing general. I now really regret this decision and would really like to peruse a career in software engineering. What should i do. My school wont allow me to move up whether or not im getting excellent marks. Please give me some good advice.

sida1049

HSC
Just go through with your HSC, get a decent ATAR and get into software engineering/computer science.

You have a 4 months break after the HSC. Use this time to study relevant 2U and 3U topics. Hire a private tutor if you need to. Do a bridging course. No biggie, if you really dedicate yourself.

igotoschool

HSC
Another option, for future students, is to go to UTS as they offer Foundation Maths which catches you up to the assumed knowledge needed. This does not extend the length of your degree!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)