I am freaky out- please read (1 Viewer)

rockon

no use for a name
HSC
I am freaking out- please read

i am scared- i have been reading threads of peopel who have already done the exam and they wrote so much.. i though there was only one extended response and the rest was short answers... my exam is tomorrow and now i am freaking out coz i dont know what to do :( - please help if you can

Last edited:

rockon

no use for a name
HSC
yeh thats alright-

i am also freaking out coz i dont know what to study it is way too broad ...in ancient there is way too much to study and to remember- sometimes i think its impossible.

gosh

if you know your basic facts then you'll be alright. from class you should already have a fair idea/outline of the periods you're studying; personalities, societies, events, etc...
i would consolidate on this by studying quotes and pieces of evidence to back up your essays. there is a lot to study but concentrate mainly on the issues discussed in the syllabus. also try to avoid telling a story.

good luck

rockon

no use for a name
HSC
Thanks half baked for your help... I appreciate it

well i am doing

Personality- alexander the great
Society- Egypt : New Kingdom during the Ramesside Period
Historical Period- Greek World 500-440 BC
Additional society- Persia in the time of Darius and Xerxes

or something like that...

and i was wondering.... i know for the additional society/historical period that we are asked to write an extended response but fo rthe other topics do we have to write essays? i wasnt informed of this, maybe its just common sense i dont know.. i just thought they were all short answer questions... Or are all schools different with exams? I dont want to know what questions people did in the trials all i want to know is if majority of people had to do essays for the other topics, if yes then i have to study more....

gosh

generally all the sections have long response essay questions with the exception of the society, which is composed of short answers. this might vary from school to school for the trials but i think this is the main structure for the HSC paper.

rockon

no use for a name
HSC
i was wondering... did practicing the past papers help at all? did they help with the questions in the trials or did it help you understand the layout of the exam? i was just told i have 2 extended responses and the rest should be short answer questions... i thought i only had one... back to studying for me.. i wish i had more time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)