I am insane (1 Viewer)

lilygirl

HSC
Hi guys I am pretty new to these forums I am more of an observer but I was hoping somebody could shed some insight into my crap situation. So here begins my rant. I'm feeling really depressed about my ex, of, wait for it, 3 years. Basically what happened was we met, he told me all this shit about him liking me and asking me out and life was fantastic. Except every weekend he wanted to go out and hook up with other girls. And he continued to lead me on and lie to me about it and tell me how much he liked me, I liked him so much I just ignored it alll. Then one night I bumped into him when I was drunk (and he was with a chick) and started hurling abuse at him, which would have been great, except the abuse I was dishing out was more like "your a fucking dickhead, i hate you, etc", nothing that was coherent or intelligent or made sense, so he now thinks I'm insane. After that, he never contacted me again, and I only bump into him at my gym (where he works) or around at clubs or wherever. Everytime he bumped into me, he would try and start a conversation with me and I would be rude to him and brush him off. Eventually, he stopped talking to me at all, and began going out with a really beautiful and perfect girl, who he was with for 2 years. During this 2 years, as far as I know, she seems to have "changed" him or whatever *cue violins*. I wouldnt say I was pining for this guy for this whole time, I guess seeing them around together has made life a touch awkward at times. But now, all of a sudden, they have broken up, and she is moving away, and he is single again, and I wish he would notice me.

Slight problem: I am pretty sure he hates me and thinks I am insane, and has probably laughed about it all with his mates. It's really making me feel like shit. I have this idea in my head if I lose a lot of weight and begin to look like a supermodel (like his ex), he might become interested in me. Not that I am overweight, I am just not perfect. I have no idea how to undo what damage I have done (by making him think Im a nutcase). we don't even speak, its crazy for me to even think of him. I was thinking of doing one of his boxing classes, but then thats awkward. I dont know. I also injured myself at the gym last night from overdoing it cos I am so intent on losing weight now.

I suppose what is also maybe worth a mention is the fact that I am under a fair amount of stress at the moment, which I guess could be the reason I'm feeling so down. Basically all the components of my life are pretty shithouse right now, and I'm just holding out til next year when i can go overseas and away. I tend to get myself worked up to a point where I have trouble breathing. So there is my current life story.

Advice, please?

Skeeta

HSC
if you dont speak to him anymore, you're probably just in love with the idea of being with him, rather than the actual person. You're single. Enjoy it and make the most of it.

Losing weight wont make him like you. Just looking after your appearance should be enough.

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Your ex loved you before for your personality, NOT your physical attributes. Trying to change yourself physically should not be on top of your priority list, lilygirl. Apologising for your drunken outburst is the definite starting point.

If he got "changed" by some other girl, I doubt it's for the better. It's either he started off as a challenging, interesting, and funny guy, met someone who was emotionally stronger than he was and got softened up by her; or vice versa. I highly doubt it's the second option.

Apart from that, I wouldn't know how to continue.
Don't make any major moves until the stress dies down in your life, so you can think clearly about your situation.

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
JFK said:
Dr Love has spoken.
That's what I hate about forums, it's not easy to tell if someone's being sarcastic or not. :mad:

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I hate one of my ex's. I don't think she cares, we haven't seen each other in a couple years, but assuming she did care and wanted to get back together she would have to do an incredible amount of apologising... so if he does hate you then maybe you should start there.

lilygirl

HSC
fernando said:
what makes you think he wont go around with chicks again if he's with you?
He probably would, I dont really care. I would at least like to know he is interested, on some level at least I guess, or for him to not think I am a crazy bitch. Anyway, I am moving next year anyway, so I know we wouldnt be able to have some serious relationship. But I do like him, and so I would like to know that he likes me, or doesent hate, me, at least. I guess all that didn,t make sense, I dont make sense right now.

I dont really know how to apologise for my drunken outbursts. What I neglected to mention in myprevious message is there was more than one of these. Its just he avoids me, we dont really speak unless we have to, so I cant just go up to him out of the blue and start talking to him, let alone about something that happened 3 years ago

lilygirl

HSC
Komaticom said:
That's what I hate about forums, it's not easy to tell if someone's being sarcastic or not. :mad:
I'm not being sarcastic...but ok

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
lilygirl said:
During this 2 years, as far as I know, she seems to have "changed" him or whatever *cue violins*. I wouldnt say I was pining for this guy for this whole time, I guess seeing them around together has made life a touch awkward at times. But now, all of a sudden, they have broken up, and she is moving away, and he is single again, and I wish he would notice me.
It's been a long time and as you said he's changed and so have you, more than likely.

I also agree with Skeeta in saying that you probably don't love him, your more in love with the thought of being in a relationship with him.

I would like to say give it time, but youv'e given it 3yrs so I'll take a quote of neighbours:
"your a massasist. Theres no point in being in love with someone who doesn;t love you and the sooner you work that out the sooner you'll be happy"

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
i get what you're saying. and if you're moving away you might as well talk to him about it.. i mean what do you have to lose? i'm sure on some level he'd appreciate your apology about your outbust. it'll be reallyyyyy awkward but at least you can say you tried the best you could instead of regretting it in another 5 years time.

lilygirl

HSC
Gilbert1 said:
I would like to say give it time, but youv'e given it 3yrs so I'll take a quote of neighbours:
"your a massasist. Theres no point in being in love with someone who doesn;t love you and the sooner you work that out the sooner you'll be happy"

Just one thing, I guess I should make clear, i havent been sitting in my room pining for 3 years. I have had a boyfriend since then and I had forgotten about all this stuff. It is more like now all of a sudden I heard he is single again and all of a sudden he seems to be popping up all over the place and that is what has got me to start thinking about it again

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
fernando said:
i get what you're saying. and if you're moving away you might as well talk to him about it.. i mean what do you have to lose? i'm sure on some level he'd appreciate your apology about your outbust. it'll be reallyyyyy awkward but at least you can say you tried the best you could instead of regretting it in another 5 years time.
actually, ignre what i said. go with this

This could just be me, but some of the proudest moments of my life have been when I have been rejected. Because I gave it a shot, and instead of wondering I actually know.

Last edited:

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
*shrug*
Sneak tests into casual conversation and see how he responds... but, if he knows what he's doing you won't get useful results from that.

Get into his personal space and pay very close attention to his reaction, maybe?

lilygirl

HSC
fernando said:
im not really sure how to approach him, i see him mostly at the gym and he is working and he is busy. normally my typical response would be to go get drunk and then go talk to him when i bump into him out, because then if it doesent go well i can laugh it off "oh well, i was just pissed, i didnt know what i was doing" but since thats what started all this its probably not a very good plan. and he doesent really go out anymore anyway.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
lilygirl said:
im not really sure how to approach him, i see him mostly at the gym and he is working and he is busy. normally my typical response would be to go get drunk and then go talk to him when i bump into him out, because then if it doesent go well i can laugh it off "oh well, i was just pissed, i didnt know what i was doing" but since thats what started all this its probably not a very good plan. and he doesent really go out anymore anyway.
Just be as open and honest with him as you possibly can. Call him up/take him aside and just can "can I talk to you for a second" Look whatever he says it will make the world of difference

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
Yeah getting drunk is def not the right way of expressing how you've been feeling. Maybe you can ask him when he's free and that you'd like to talk to him just to get some things of your chest... i wouldn't recommend sending an email or calling him, i think something like this should be done face to face.

Captin gay

Supremacist.
HSC
fernando said:
Yeah getting drunk is def not the right way of expressing how you've been feeling. Maybe you can ask him when he's free and that you'd like to talk to him just to get some things of your chest... i wouldn't recommend sending an email or calling him, i think something like this should be done face to face.
Stop giving advice. You wouldn't know, nor would I.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
The whole point of this thread is because she wants to know other peoples views about her situation.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Shit thread, shit poster, decent replies.

lilygirl

HSC
the easiest thing for me to do might be to add him on myspace/
he goes out of his way to avoid me, like if i walk past him at the desk he will pretend to be super busy doing paperwork

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)