I Am Legend (1 Viewer)

oscarjunk25

HSC
N/A
Very intense. But not that great overall in my opinion.

oj25
umg

sunny

meh.
HSC
Not boring...but a bit disappointing..

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
I haven't read the book, am not a horror movie fan (Its being marketed as horror, even though I don't think it is), but I enjoyed it. It felt like it actually had some semblance of a plotline, which sadly few movies I've seen recently have. Even though it sounds like its nothing like the book, it still felt like an adaptation to me, which I enjoyed.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
The book sounds more involved, but I imagine I would have found it too melodramatic on film. I didn't particularly love the Christian 'faith' ending, nor did I think the loss of sanity car scene flowed that well with the rest of the film...

but meh, overall it was pretty good imo, I enjoyed myself.

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
I loved watching the red Mustang drive around the desolate streets of New York chasing the deers. Great opening IMO.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Yea I think that was clever.

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
It was kind of creepy because it was so quiet.

If I was studying film for anything, i think this would be a good one to study, technique-wise.

sunny

meh.
HSC
It just feels like theres a lot to be desired...stuff they could have looked at...

We're pretty much led to believe the infected ones are mindless zombies, but after Neville sets a trap the alpha male does the same but its not explored afterwards. He could've at least went "omfg he set a trap like I did!!1"

infection gives superhuman abilities?

Read somewhere they could've called this movie 2.8 Years Later and it would've passed...

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
Except in 28 Days Later it was more raw, more real. This is alot more flashy in my opinion, like a Hollywood version of it. 28 Days Later was alot more purer and gripping. I Am Legend tried too hard to make you feel hopeless about the situation, whereas in 28 Days Later you felt it right to the bone.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
Watched first 20 mins. Boring. Read the plot summary on Wikipedia, was mediocre. Read the books plot summary, much better.

champo14

HSC
Opening was awesome. CGI was awful.

The movie didn't go anywhere for me, really. Awesome film techniques, some pretty good acting. I wish it had more time to explore something more of a plot. It spent a lot of time establishing stuff (which was cool) but I think it needed more movement.

The deserted New York was awesome, though.

joey...

HSC
haha..saw it bout 2 hrs ago! um... I'm not good with scary movies so i didn't LOVE it...but it was still engaging...some bits boring though i must admit...

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Danger said:
FRED!!!

I still don't get how he got there..
unexplored subplot possibly relating to the book's plot whereby some of the infected have grown intelligence.

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
there was so much build up towards seeing the infected but sadly it was all ruined once you realise theyre just CG golems without any real character behind them.
28 days/weeks type of infected with real actors would have been much scarier imo.

my first thought was that Neville placed the trap and forgot about it as his mind eventually became lost in the game of pretending the mannequins were real and indirectly caused the death of his only companion who gave her life defending him, though apparently the directors confirmed the infected set up the trap, which imo just seems cheap and tacky. the idea of them setting up such an advanced trap/pulley system just didnt seem to correspond with their caveman like intelligence.

it was a pretty good movie, but Neville's conversion to the "God has a plan for all of us" idea was kind of awful to watch. i really felt like they cheapened the movie to please the religious crowd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)