• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

I Am Legend (1 Viewer)

IceOnFire

HSC
The ending was lame imo, but the beginning and middle were alright, even tho there were some awkward moments.

krumper

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
wasnt shit. was okkkaaayyyyy

i didnt feel like i wasted my night or anything.

stoked on seeing american gangster though. STOKED
American gangster is longer then need be I heard. Could have been cut 30 minutes short and still be the same.

I am legend wasn't that good. I watched soley because Will Smith was in it.

euro-dragon

Im a LolOsaUR Hear Me Roa
HSC
pinoying said:
Answering number 2.

When Neville goes to the abandoned apartment theres a newspaper clipping on the cupboard saying 'The dogs come out at dusk, stay indoors' or something to that effect.
So I'd imagine that the mutant people have to wait till complete darkness to come out.
so you didnt get that when the mutant started burning under uv light in the daylight and under his artificial uv light? lol :p

euro-dragon

Im a LolOsaUR Hear Me Roa
HSC
BlackDragon said:
Question: Is it worth me going to see this movie?
yes definately but as clivechurchill said the ending isnt that great...seems as if they ran out of budget and said ok guys....time to just end it lol but awesome movie...also if u go with a big crownd in the cinema u will be amazed of how similar the audiences responses are...all goin awww and ahhh at the same time...very lol

HSC
if this was based on a book i'd like to read the book. it had its moments but all in all it was quite boring. it was pretty funny that after like 30 min of previews, to see people leave in the first 15 minutes. :p

SiN3m

HSC
it wasn't great but wasn't disappointing either...really. it was good (opening was great) especially the part when Sam runs into the dark building after the deer and Neville goes after her where we first encounter the infected.

I love the fact that the infected used the same method to capture Neville as he used on them to catch the girl...his little monlogue with the manquen (sp?) really showed how alone he was and how psychologically damaged he was after being alone for so long.

I like the end when the infected found his house but when the leader was rinning away and climbing the stairs liek a monkey, it really took the little bit of realism the effects produced.

effects weren't too good

EDIT: ur_inner_child added spoilers

Last edited by a moderator:

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
brogan77 said:
errr, the shadow seekers put him their to lure will smith as part of their trap to ensnare him...
No... he put it there.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I didn't like it at all. I am happy that I downloaded it because if I had paid to see it I would of been a bit annoyed.

Why I didn't like it:
- It was too slow.
- The zombies are too ridiculous. They are super strong, super fast, can work as a group, and are intelligent enough to set traps. It's just fucked. Resident Evil zombies are reasonable, and I'll even put up with Dawn of the Dead zombies, but these ones are just too over the top.
- The ending sucked. He did something stupid and got himself killed like people do in every zombie movie ever made.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Social de-evolution.

The infected people did NOT set-up the trap. It was Woll Smoth who did it, and you can see he goes a little insane at the time. "FRANK! IF YOU'RE REAL TELL ME!"

hahahahahahahahaha I spoiled it.

Last edited by a moderator:

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
They couldn't figure out a better way to get through glass than running at it. Or wearing clothes to protect them from burning.

You expect people to believe they set up complicated traps?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
sam04u said:
They couldn't figure out a better way to get through glass than running at it. Or wearing clothes to protect them from burning.

All that proves is that the movie makes no sense.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
sam04u said:

Or fred could've done it.

lol.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
sam04u said:

someone told me that neville probably set it up himself and forgot about it. which is probably the stupidest thing i ever heard.

yeah i know. this movie is full of plot holes.

also

that "alpha-male" infected dude (in the script it's called alpha-male apparently) when he exposed himself to sunlight after the "alpha-female" got trapped by neville, did anyone else think that the director was trying to imply that the alpha-male had some sort of emotion etc? Whatever, I too was confused about what the infected were; either brainless zombie-vampires or actual sick humans possessing intellect and emotion who merely need to feed.

Last edited:

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
I doubt it, otherwise he wouldn't really have charged through the lab beating on his own kind. If it was possible for him to get worked up over one of em getting kidnapped, I doubt he would've thrown people off the wall when they were scaling his house, and thrown people into walls right at the end.

You guys are thinking too hard about the movie, I had no problems with it apart from the trap. :/

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
someone told me that neville probably set it up himself and forgot about it. which is probably the stupidest thing i ever heard.
i dont think its that stupid.

he later used a mannequin as bait for the infected at the dock so they probably did serve a practical purpose towards him. he probably did use mannequins more often seeing as he had caught several dozen infected previously.

regardless of whether he did set up the trap or not, he was clearly starting to lose his mind seeing how he handled the Fred situation, there was that awkward Shrek scene ("youre not so good with people anymore are you?), he had convinced himself that the infection had taken over the world and he was the last person alive and lets not forget the whole 'lets go suicidal over a dog' thing.

mentally unstable person trying to save the world while (ironically) having to talk to mannequins to maintain his sanity, while also using them as bait...i could see how he could "forget" that he had set up the trap.

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
Azamakumar said:
I doubt it, otherwise he wouldn't really have charged through the lab beating on his own kind. If it was possible for him to get worked up over one of em getting kidnapped, I doubt he would've thrown people off the wall when they were scaling his house, and thrown people into walls right at the end.
true, but then again he was the alpha male, hes meant to be physically abusive towards the other males. i pictured the captured female infected as his partner.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
DeathB4Life said:
true, but then again he was the alpha male, hes meant to be physically abusive towards the other males. i pictured the captured female infected as his partner.
It was probably just rage that he was physically stronger but helpless because he was protected by the sun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)