I Am Scared. (1 Viewer)

stephenchow

HSC
tempco said:
Those people who've done the HSC and say its overrated did the hard yards to get into the course they wanted to. Those who screwed up say the HSC is overrated to help them deal with their insecurities and regrets of not putting in the hard yards. LOLOL CONUNDRUM.
That is very true.

sideshowtim

HSC
I know it's cliche but you really have nothing to be scared about. It is not your life. I have friends who got absolutely massacred in the HSC due to their lack of effort and they are now doing TAFE courses which they really love. Despite what some idiots will tell you here, this is not the be all and end all.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
i can deal with the externals.

like nichhole, i have the worry of keeping my internals consistently good, but balancing assessments with study/h.w

bmwz4

HSC
lmao ur like me. i have really high expectations and i would be devastated if that ever happened. i dno...i guess i would lose motivation to study if i got lower than 80 i guess with 80 u can still make it into other courses.

nichhhole said:
?
For me i LIVE for the external examinations...
you get 3 weeks off to just study for them...
no school, no assessments, nothing.

For me, the hardest part willl be keeping my marks consistently good, trying to juggle having to attend school, study and complete assessments simultaneously....

I am scared of that day when i log onto the net
and get 80.
[and before i am attacked..
80 is not a bad mark, but i have ultrahigh expectations...]
AND i have an asian mother...
:p

jest

HSC
have low expectations of yourself (but not too low that you feel depressed and lazy all the time). that way, you'll try hard but not too hard (that you end up stressing too much) in assessments and exams and when you get your results back and see a better than expected mark, you'll be happy

that's how i faced the hsc

atreus

HSC
dont get freaked out cos it can actually make u worse. ppl i know in the final exams especially maths expected to fail and thought they couldnt do certain questions, when it turns out they were really simple. after the exams they were kickin themselves cos they could do those questions easily, its just that they had put the exam up on such a hiugh platform they thought they couldnt do it.

SaraAmorosi13

HSC
I got really scared at the beginning of year12 then calmed down a bit as i got into the swing of things. You get absolutely killed in the trials.
:bomb:

After that i realised that i had no reason to worry:
a. if i had studied enough, as i'd do great
b. if i hadn't studied enough, as it's my own bloody fault and only i had permission to make myself feel bad about that
c. i had finished the exam, coz i had no control over what happened after the exam.

So i did very little stressing :D . In fact, i only stressed because my parents were stressing (italian, not asian). The actual HSC exam period is a bit of a breeze (maybe not a light breeze, bit more than that).

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
atreus said:
dont get freaked out cos it can actually make u worse. ppl i know in the final exams especially maths expected to fail and thought they couldnt do certain questions, when it turns out they were really simple. after the exams they were kickin themselves cos they could do those questions easily, its just that they had put the exam up on such a hiugh platform they thought they couldnt do it.
I'm scared of doing the exact opposite of that, especially with Maths.

bmwz4

HSC
same. i had a dream the other night that i was doing english paper 1 and i didnt have a story and essay prepared so i went in the exam knowing pretty much nothing :eek: ...now that is a nightmare!! omg now im having hsc related dreams...what is happening

-pari- said:
^ yeah same. scared i'll be too confident.

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
bmwz4 said:
same. i had a dream the other night that i was doing english paper 1 and i didnt have a story and essay prepared so i went in the exam knowing pretty much nothing :eek: ...now that is a nightmare!! omg now im having hsc related dreams...what is happening

Dw, you'll grow accustomed to them...
I have 2 particular favourites [theyre reoccuring...]
1) Computer screen = 80.
2) HSC paper = writes in scribbles.

bmwz4

HSC
omg number 2 is so abstract. i like it lol! lol number 1 is a classic even though ive never actually dreamt of that...merely a clairvoyant vision while i was on an imaginative journey to the future :)

nichhhole said:
Dw, you'll grow accustomed to them...
I have 2 particular favourites [theyre reoccuring...]
1) Computer screen = 80.
2) HSC paper = writes in scribbles.

cuppy

HSC
N/A
the hsc IS overrated. and im assuming uni is as well. can any uni students back me up on this? im wondering whether all of my excitement to start a new chapter is just going to melt into disappointment.

dhampoet

HSC
N/A
Is there any story about kid who studied all year but miss out like 10 points of UAI she'he desires?

happyafghanboy

HSC
dont worry, just give ur best shot...remember dont say that ur scared nd u might fail because u do fail...just say its a piece of cake and study hard.

Li Long

Banned
HSC
Li Lin Chin said:
Of course it great maybe day one or something you can be like famous Chinese violinist Siqing Lu!!
This is dream of mine. I think to myself walking home from school, this is what I think. "Come on Long Li, one day you can be great like Lu Siqing and play Violin." I think these thoughts because I want to be good with Violin.

Dancegirl99

HSC
Don't worry, I do as well. But it's not best, to worry about as I've found out in the past year. Goodluck this year. You'll do well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)