I am so scared! (1 Viewer)

squirtqwert123

HSC
Hi everyone...

I am SO scared about History Extension. I go to class and understand what's going on, but I have no idea how to put that into essays. I don't even know what sort of stuff will be asked in the essays and what they want. And I also haven't started my project yet. I am so desparate to drop, but I can't cause I'll end up with 11 units. Can anyone help me?

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
ok ok hold on firstly start you essay..u need a topic! somehwre around here i posted up some ideas on topics..look at those if your terribly stuck!

next trust me no one comprehendes teh esay writing bit at first! my advice worry less about the exam and more about your project

if u have msn grab me on that and ill walk you through it all in more depth

squirtqwert123

HSC
I'm not that worried about the major project, because I do have some ideas, and my brother is at uni doing similar stuff, so he can help. I just want to clarify; in the exams, do they just want you to discuss different historians views on the topics 'What Is History' and 'Imperialsim in the 19th Century'? Are the questions really general?

And thanks for the MSN offer but my msn has been stuffing up recently.

B

badhairday

questions generally ask about "what is history" and how it should be constructed. stuff like perspective, purpose, context of historians etc..
the questions can be relatively generally, although you need a fairly indepth knowledge to answer them.

squirtqwert123

HSC
Ok thanks. I am feeling a bit better now. My teacher has so much trust in us, and she really thinks we'll all do ok. And that her classes always think they'll go badly, but then they do fine. So i hope she's right. Anyway, thanks for helping.

jawjayo

vast and green
HSC
wat school r u at? coz we always got told (last year) that we'd do fine too even though we all claimed that none of us understood anything. turns out in the end we didnt know as much as she thought we did.
neway, yeah dont worry about the essays so much. you just have to have a go at writing it a couple of times in different ways until u find the best model to suit your arguments. you have all year to revise your essay coz essentially u should be able to use the same one for ur case study and similarly with the source essay - u just take out relevant info to weave into the arguments of the source on what is history.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)