I applied for a job today (1 Viewer)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
mmm_sofay said:
how many 18yr olds do maccas hire if they dont want to be a manager?
I filled in the application for 4differnt maccas early last year and none of them rang back so I said maccas can go get fucked and didnt go to maccas for two months.
Maccas needs people for the day time, while the youngens are at school. You got pretty unlucky with that though.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
jumb said:
Maccas needs people for the day time, while the youngens are at school. You got pretty unlucky with that though.
I agree, you should keep trying with those 4 different maccas tho, cuz maccas employee turnover is pretty huge i'm presuming.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
last_chance said:
i filled in an application for franklins... and the store manager told me she would give me a call on friday...she never called, does that mean im jobless still?
well usually when a manger would say "we'll call u don't call us".. and they don't end up calling.. that's when u could assume that they've either disregarded ur application or that they're currenlty not in need....

however if the manager tells u "I'll give u a call on friday"... then it's most likely that they just got caught up with something... don't worry they should call... soon...

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
if u want maccas, make sure its one of the quitter stores. make sure its not in a crowded CBD area where u have to serve each customer in like 10 seconds.

santaslayer

HSC
SashatheMan said:
if u want maccas, make sure its one of the quitter stores. make sure its not in a crowded CBD area where u have to serve each customer in like 10 seconds.
....and like...u start bumping into people u know....

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
last_chance said:
i filled in an application for franklins... and the store manager told me she would give me a call on friday...she never called, does that mean im jobless still?
maybe, unless you call them yourself, call on monday and say you were expecting a call on friday, you're interested in the job and make crap up

Not-That-Bright said:
Well keep trying, don't even attempt to get a job at these bigger joints.
I find it hard to believe no one would hire you for ANY work, I kno people who are basically dysfunctional retards that have been given a manager job at maccas/redrooster...
lol, that's a reason why it's very frustrating when you can't find a job

sofay, put in lots and lots of applications, keep doing it and make sure you get in early for christmas (maybe august/september) if you're still not hired by then

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i'm in the same situatio sort of.. when people say they want customer service experience i always get the feeling that woolies is not good enough..i was serving customers, had to deal with their complaints etc but its not good enough....
just keep applying sof

HSC
I think it's more luck than anything.
If they're desperate for people, and you're the only person who has applied for the last week, then they'll take you no matter how little experience you have. If they've got a string of applicants, and you *look* (yes, i know, it's unfair) young and inexperienced, they'll probably make a lame excuse up.

I'm currently working in a steakhouse, and when they asked me to "come in for an interview", they actually meant "we need you to work tonight".
I had no experience, no idea what i was doing, fucked up non-stop for the first two nights. But they kept me, and bothered to train me because they had no-one else.
Now that they have enough people they're turning away people with RSAs, baristas certificates, bar certificates, experience doing waitressing etc.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Try other fast food places too, like Oporto.... also, try Coles Myer because they don't require experience, and at least it's a job so they will know you can work once you finish there.

Just look around small cafes and stuff too, sometimes they are willing to train you. My parents are always willing to take people with no experience as long as they show they have the right sort of attitude etc. They train them up.

Last year when I moved to Syd I had very limited cafe experience, yet I got a job in a cafe where I worked with a European trained barista who taught me lots of stuff. My friend got a waitressing job with basically zero waiting experience, only retail experience. Just keep looking, don't give up hope. But yeah, it is hard when people aren't willing to give you a go.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I think its a lot easier for Sydney kids too...my bestie lives in Sydney now, and she was literally offered 4 jobs in half an hour, and was doing everything she could to not be offered a job. Up here, its possible to go for, like, ever without a job (and its not just me, a lot of my friends are struggling, even those that live in town and have experience and whatever)

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
mmm_sofay said:
how many 18yr olds do maccas hire if they dont want to be a manager?
I filled in the application for 4differnt maccas early last year and none of them rang back so I said maccas can go get fucked and didnt go to maccas for two months.
well a bit far from you
but maccas at paramatta westfeilds is hiring 20 people

hm..it wa so tempting to apply
i always get the urge to apply when i see a sign saying "positions vacant apply within"

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
mmm_sofay said:
So yeah, I found a job in the paper for a waitsperson/kitchenhand and rang up for it, the lady on the fone asked how much experiance did I have, so I told her my experiance (1week work experiance in a cafe, 1.5yrs hospitality at school, waitsperson certificate, and baristas certificate). I got told I didnt have enough experiance.

How the fuck does one gain experiance if they cant get a job?
what hospitality course did you do at school? Did you fully complete it?I think that should have been sufficient enoughm, plus you have your barista and waitpersons certificate
I did hospitality operations cerifcate 1 and 2 food and beverage at school.
Just keep trying.

HSC
there are plenty of places that'll hire you purely because you have no experience, sure its only at a fast food place or retail customer service, but its climbing the corporate ladder, it may suck, but thats why so many people doing uni degree's, they assume they'll start at the top

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I seriously find it hard to believe that you couldn't find a job last month when we had record ammounts of new employment etc.

I reckon I could find you a job, you'd just not like it :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)