I beat some guy in every assessment after half yearlies... how did he rank better? (1 Viewer)

appleide

HSC
In Physics, I got 4th in the half yearly report. And then I continue to beat this guy every single assessment. Yet... in the report, his assessment rank beat me! (My exam rank was 2nd)

I have just raised my exam score from 80's (before trial) to 95's (just before grad day) and am really agitated this has happened. He's gonna take 50% of my 95... and if he doesn't get above 85 then I'd be a band 5 in physics. I NEED band 6 in physics to get into anything decent in Uni! (I am not doing band 6 quality in English and Chemistry at the moment).

What do I do?? ; - (

Y

YouWillFail

He's not really going to screw you over.

How did he beat you? He obviously beat you by more, and the weightings must not have been in your favour.

Stop fucking worrying about useless shit like this and fucking study. It'll do a hell of a lot more for you than asking shitty, pointles fucking questions on a forum.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
appleide said:
In Physics, I got 4th in the half yearly report. And then I continue to beat this guy every single assessment. Yet... in the report, his assessment rank beat me! (My exam rank was 2nd)

I have just raised my exam score from 80's (before trial) to 95's (just before grad day) and am really agitated this has happened. He's gonna take 50% of my 95... and if he doesn't get above 85 then I'd be a band 5 in physics. I NEED band 6 in physics to get into anything decent in Uni! (I am not doing band 6 quality in English and Chemistry at the moment).

What do I do?? ; - (
Lol what UAI are you aiming for ?
Even if you get high band 5s in everything else , you`ll still do well regardless.

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
YouWillFail said:
He's not really going to screw you over.

How did he beat you? He obviously beat you by more, and the weightings must not have been in your favour.

Stop fucking worrying about useless shit like this and fucking study. It'll do a hell of a lot more for you than asking shitty, pointles fucking questions on a forum.
what a pleasant and civilised comment
:D

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Re: I beat some guy in every assessment after half yearlies... how did he rank better

That happened to me as well in english - My marks and ranks were really good but, when the rankings came in after the trials were done - my rank was lower than those who had recieved lower marks. When i asked the head teacher, she said that when my marks were put into the computer - thats the ranking that came out however, after the last assessment (Frontline) my ranking went up by 3 :D Win!

Rather than asking people on BOS - just ask your teacher. :mad1:

xxJTxx

HSC
Re: I beat some guy in every assessment after half yearlies... how did he rank better

yer. go ask your teacher if you have a problem about ranks. you can even ask after the official rank order gets released on studentsonline...:) if you want, you can appeal it..you have until the 22nd of nov. i think! :)

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC

You can only get into a good course in uni if you get a band 6 in Physics? UAC must have fucked up last year since I only got a band 5 in physics...

~LEAH~

HSC
Another thing is that the top three in a subject can easily switch ranks around in the HSC exam if you are close enough to each other in internal marks. So he doesn't neccessarily take your mark if you get a better mark than him in the exam. So study hard :D

redom

HSC
this is kinda off topic...but when do the internal ranks online thing come up?....i heard they post it up on the net for u to check or something:S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)