I can't log onto blackboard. (1 Viewer)

thommy

HSC
N/A
I have tried and tried, but can't do it. I'm going to where it says log in for new students, and it's not giving me any "random characters", if you know what I mean.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I have tried and tried, but can't do it. I'm going to where it says log in for new students, and it's not giving me any "random characters", if you know what I mean.

This is weird, it happened to me as well but i just ignored the blank space where there were meant to be the random characters and clicked next anyway, logged me on fine, never saw the 'random characters'.

thommy

HSC
N/A
I clicked continue, after the page with all that info, including the random charcters. Next to the random characters, it had :

After I clicked continue, it said to creat new password and verify it. Can't do it without those characters. And I'm not at uni tomorrow, and really want it before Thursday, so I don't know what to do.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Passwords

Your myMQ Student Portal password.

This will be the original MQID password that was sent to you on enrolment (2 random characters followed by your date of birth in ddmmyy format), unless you have already changed your password in the myMQ Student Portal.

Note that both your username and your password are CaSe SeNsItIvE.

When you have finished using the web site you must log out, or exit or quit your browser. To log out of CE6, click the 'logout' link near the top right of the screen. If you don't log out, or exit or quit your browser, other people can continue to use your account which means they can use your mail, discussions and other course tools.

otherwise:

Student IT Help

If you require assistance or information about student email accounts, technical problems associated with using the Internet or instructions for using Library Services via the Internet, contact Student IT Help:

Student IT Help
Building C5C Room 244
Web: http://www.library.mq.edu.au/help/ithelp/
Phone: (02) 9850 HELP, (02) 9850 4357 (in Sydney) or 1 800 063 191 (outside Sydney)
Email: via the Just Ask form at http://www.library.mq.edu.au/justask/

The ITS Helpdesk also has information on student labs and printing services. The ITS Helpdesk can be contacted at

Email: helpdesk@mq.edu.au
Web: http://www.its.mq.edu.au/

Last edited:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I clicked continue, after the page with all that info, including the random charcters. Next to the random characters, it had :

After I clicked continue, it said to creat new password and verify it. Can't do it without those characters. And I'm not at uni tomorrow, and really want it before Thursday, so I don't know what to do.

Really? i swear i just typed in what i wanted my password to be (again i just ignored all the 'you need random characters to do this' crap) and it worked. Have you tried just going ahead and typing in a new password then going to the next page?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)