I did not get to get to use PREFERENCE TIMES at all. (1 Viewer)

orchid_violet

HSC
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">this is for my timetable, all my friends did preferences but when I was at enrolment day the stupid supposed 'helpers' said I could not do it.
Now, I have all these times to 'browse' only. This is gay, there is no way I am going to go to uni 5 days a week.
WHY DID I NOT GET TO CHOOSE PREFERENCE TIMES? or do they just put anything and then I can change it?
Everyone is so not helpful at all. I hate the uni. I hate it. I hate it.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

unistudent

HSC
orchid_violet said:
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">this is for my timetable, all my friends did preferences but when I was at enrolment day the stupid supposed 'helpers' said I could not do it.
Now, I have all these times to 'browse' only. This is gay, there is no way I am going to go to uni 5 days a week.
WHY DID I NOT GET TO CHOOSE PREFERENCE TIMES? or do they just put anything and then I can change it?
Everyone is so not helpful at all. I hate the uni. I hate it. I hate it.

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

hmm.. you could not do it? why not? as in, you yourself could not do it, or the computer was broken?

also, even if you didnt do it on enrolment day, you had like 1 week or more to do it from home, or from anywhere else with internet access.. were you not aware of this?
are you doing a single or double degree?

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
lol . man the uni doesnt giv a shit about u man..
the helpers in the orange shirts been working all day.. and dey got tired.. and wanted to go home.. so they told u dw about it .. so u can hurry up and leave da room.

peace^^

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Are your friends studying communications? I don't think you get to have any say in what classes you are in in first year communications.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
braindrainedAsh said:
Are your friends studying communications? I don't think you get to have any say in what classes you are in in first year communications.
classes yeah you're stuck but you should be able to choose times at least

you should've looked at it yourself at home though. i got home and realised a few days later that as good as afternoon classes sounded, i couldn't do that and go to work as well, so i switched them all

orchid_violet

HSC
no, my friend is a communications student and chose.
I am design and when I asked to 'choose the times' the guy was like 'your subjects allow you to browse only'
oh stupid stupis stupid.... what a waste of time are they. all those orange people should just die. like really.
anyway...I am grateful to have it I guess.
though uts was VERY UNHELPFUL with everything... the orange people don't even know where to go on the tour, they should get students that actually know where the hell they are going.
peacee

jessiej87

HSC
mate i really dont feel sorry for u.. if u figured it out u should have corrected it yourself on the net! u had at least a week to do so.. i mean obviously if ur mates did it u would know that u should have and even if u had your doubts u should have checked it out or called or emailed student service to enquire about... UTS doesnt know there is a problem unless u inform them they dont have the resources to check up on everyone individually - they arent going to spoon feed u its not like high school.

JimmyK

Narrabeen, Sydney/Maitland, Hunter Valley
HSC
I agree with jessie... one of the things in the IT faculty they keep reinforcing to us is if there is something wrong with anything @ the uni (enrollment, assignments etc) let someone know before its too late.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
w00t! finally got into the tax law tut that I wanted. Thanks to the person who changed =p.

Oso

Biotechnician in Training
HSC
About half of my classes are going to be held in "TBA." So where the hell am I going then, c'mon, I thought they would've had them announced by atleast the week before...

unistudent

HSC
Oso said:
About half of my classes are going to be held in "TBA." So where the hell am I going then, c'mon, I thought they would've had them announced by atleast the week before...
you dont have room numbers?? call the science faculty office before 5pm today. 9514 1756

or, you can just rock up to building 4, where most of your classes probably are gonna be held.

orchid_violet

HSC
found out. to jessie and jimmy whatever... DESIGN students, well for my course did not have that choice and just go to the lectures and the tutorials will be changed there... because they just randomly gave it to us.
the person in the office states that 'every faculty is different', so no I did not expect to be spoon fed.. it would just be helpful to know that I couldn't choose.. then wondering what the hell was going on.
as if I expect your sympathy anyway... it was just a query. don't assume you no because CLEARLY you were totally wrong. thanks peoples.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)