I didn't do the Gantt chart in pencil, will I be penalised? (1 Viewer)

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Jeo
SELECT means you want to display it. SELECT state is useless, and its not right actually.

You can do WHERE state = nsw without SELECT state

When I said display, I meant SELECT, sorry.
I don't know... I've always thought SELECT to be select every single field you'll never need in the search criteria/query because you'll need to find the source somehow, directly linking and 'selecting' the field names beforehand, so that you can always look at the FROM TABLE line to figure out where to get such fields.

Question:

If I wanted to search for every friend living in Parramatta, would I have:

SELECT Last_name, First_name
FROM FRIENDS
WHERE Suburb="Parramatta"
ORDER BY Last_name ASC

(for example)

Even though
you have not indicated explicitly that the field name "Suburb" was to be selected?

(btw, I have never used MySQL and have never had any real world experiences in terms of websites, programming, perl, php and what not ;))

I don't know how the examiners will take it though.

:)

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
Originally posted by Huy
You're right.

This can occur at the same time as software installation and system testing (the task above, reference number 4).

You can have 10 weeks, thank you for that gmraso! ;)

"Draw a Gantt chart to show how the tasks can be completed in the minimum amount of weeks"

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Originally posted by Huy

Question:
If I wanted to search for every friend living in Parramatta, would I have:
SELECT Last_name, First_name
FROM FRIENDS
WHERE Suburb="Parramatta"
ORDER BY Last_name ASC
(for example)

Even though
you have not indicated explicitly that the field name "Suburb" was to be selected?
yep thats what you do... you dont have to specify "suburb" because you are NOT selecting it to be displayed...

but i doubt you will lose marks for that one mistake because im sure that the criteria doesnt account for it... as long as you have all the othershit require i doubt that is worth losing a mark over

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by FadeToBlack
"Draw a Gantt chart to show how the tasks can be completed in the minimum amount of weeks"
You got me ;)

BOS = sneaky

LOL... second time saying it today, wording, phrasing, terms/definitions, etc :)
Originally posted by *~Dazed~*
yep thats what you do... you dont have to specify "suburb" because you are NOT selecting it to be displayed...

but i doubt you will lose marks for that one mistake because im sure that the criteria doesnt account for it... as long as you have all the othershit require i doubt that is worth losing a mark over
Thanks for clarifying Dazed :)

Yep, let's hope so. for 3 marks, I've written about 7 to 8 lines for those 3 marks, and I'm sure it would be something like "1 mark per correct line/valid response"

Originally posted by boredofschool
do I lose marks if I wrote:

ORDER BY Last_name Ascending
Hopefully not... but it should correctly read:

ORDER BY Last_name ASC

I'm a little hazy with ASC and DESC (maths is not my forte ;))

Last edited:

xanthanotus

HSC
lol...we got told that the sections of the paper done in pencil would not be marked!!! and we even pointed out the cover and they said not to worry about that...like we need any more stree over worrying about what to draw bloody pictures in!! so off course we all did it in pen lol.....i got 10 weeks got gantt chart

Huy

HSC
N/A
As another person pointed out, the question asked for the minimum amount of time in weeks.

It was HIGHLY DECEPTIVE of BOS (board of...) to state:

This can occur at the same time as software installation and system testing.

It can... but it doesn't have to! *mutters something under his breath*

Beware of dog

CRAP!!! i just realised i made one the most stupid mistakes... altho i drew the diagrams in pen, its not that i mind...

i realised for hte gantt chart that i accidently put one week for the"creation of system specification" task instead of three!!!

*hopeful*

HSC
in a gannt chart

hey in a gannt chart do the rectangles have to be connected to each other? i got 9 weeks

omg i did my user input screen in pen and i only drew a big box in pencil, is dat like totally wrong?

ooh n isnt order by asc 4 d sql cuz it wants it alphabetically?

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by *hopeful*
hey in a gannt chart do the rectangles have to be connected to each other? i got 9 weeks

omg i did my user input screen in pen and i only drew a big box in pencil, is dat like totally wrong?
Rectangles have to be connected to each other? Yes
9 weeks was the minimum.
10 weeks is possible too, but the question asked for 'minimum' time in weeks (which would be 9).

I did my input screen in pencil, then the lady told me to rub it all out and do it in pen, so I did.

Totally wrong? No

The front says "Draw diagrams using pencil" - it's a shame I didn't read it carefully.

The lady kept saying "It's on the front, write using black or blue pens" - :rolleyes:

She is on my hitlist... just wait until my next exam,

....J/K!!!! :)

*hopeful*

HSC
ooh no

ooooh i stuffd up man
i didnt connect my rectangles on d stupid chart
oh god just wat i need, stress afta an exam

would my gannt chart b totally wrong if they aint connected?

Huy

HSC
N/A
If you can see it, and follow it, it would be correct.

Just because "they don't touch" doesn't mean it's wrong, in my opinion.

I'd still give you the 3/3 if you had everything there.

Markers have feelings/compassion too ;)

I'm sure they'll let it slide, and if they don't... GRRR!!

You should be okay without 'joining' the boxes, as long as you have separate rows coloured in (shaded), corresponding to each task (reference number).

Zenum

hrmmm the first time i did it in pencil and had all the weeks nicely spaced out to like 13 weeks :p then i re-read the questions! argh! so i screwed the ruler and stupid pencil and just did it in pen... but its legible... and 9 weeks...

i've yet to see marks been lost in marking criteria due to using a pencil...
it would be something like this id say...

If u got 1. 9 weeks, 2. did the right diagram, and 3. u put the right tasks with the right amount of time (3marks)
If u only did two of the above then 2 marks
and if u only did one of them.. .then 1 mark

the pencil thing they tell u to use i would assume is optional so that u can rub it out and not use millions of booklets incase u have to redraw it :p (like i did cause i cbf rubbing it all out :p)

Also... what did u guys use as the TWO special features of the input screen?
I used masked text boxes for Date of Birth and Phone number... and i also had an Add Picture button which popped up a dialog where the user can browse for a pic to put in... though in the diagram it also had the little [?] on the top corner and a drop down list for State :p

nifty03

HSC
I don't c y they would penalise you for using pen.. after all it's an exam that assesses u on ur ipt skills.. as long as u show the correct answer with appropriate terminology, u'll get the marks... (i think)

*tasha*

I did mine in pen too! And just as they said pens down I read the front and realised it was supposed to be in pencil!

I highly doubt they can penalise you, but if they do, then they do, I guess...it should be pretty difficult for them to do so if so many people ignored the instructions.

And, I think, as far as I can remember, I had 10 weeks in the Gantt chart after reading the question properly.

vanity

HSC
jesus.. i cant even remember what i used for my diagram ??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)