I didnt get an opportunity to ask at open day! (1 Viewer)

wildo

I am really freaked out about choosing B.Economics&social sciences(91.40) rather than the B.Economics (90.45)...does anyone know if I can transfer courses if only after a couple of weeks, If dont like the B.Eco& Social sciences course?:confused:

^___^
HSC
i think it depends on the uni..

post it again in the uni u want

cos apparently i read off MinAi that in UNSW theres something bout transfer thats slighty differnt to other uni

Dingo

Banned
no worries.
i do know that if your doing engineering at usyd, if you fail you can still transfer. all you need to do is tick that you wanna drop engineering, that's all it takes, one little tick on a form and you will be transfered to a B Science course instead. hehehe
but if you wanna transfer into other courses like commerce or economics then you would need at least a credit average i suppose.

peace^^

wildo

then would I have to repeat everything again in such a way that i'll be doing insted of a 3 year course...It ends up being a 4 year course?...(BTW..at Sydney uni)

Originally posted by melbournian
Correction, you can only change at end of year

From Eco+Buisness Faculty handbook

wildo

so basically to avoid doing an extra year then I would have to do majors that would also overlap the economics course right?Like econometrics and economics?

Originally posted by melbournian
No, you will get credit for what you study under the BEcSocSc
However, if under the BEcSocSC, you do a Pol Econ major, rather than a Eco major, than you would have to complete the juniour units when you transfer (as well as the juniour econometrics subjects required to do intermediate macro/microeconomics).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)