I Dont Get It =( (1 Viewer)

Amne

<3
HSC
Hello :)

Well, like the title says... I dont get it. My mind doesnt seem to get the concept of imaginative journies. I dont know what to look for in an imaginative text. Any help or advice? Any ideas about texts I could use as my related material? My teacher has told us to stay away from Alice in Wonderland, Wizard of Oz, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Poems andddddddd Romantic writers.

Hasnt given us much choice has she :S

ccc123

HSC
Welcome to the abtract, ambiguous world of imaginative journeys.

Basically, imaginative journeys are any journey that trascends reality, so the journey could be fantastical, futuristic or hallucinatory.
I agree that Alice in Wonderland, harry Potter Wizard of Oz and Lord of teh Rings have been done to death, but whats wrong with Romantic writers? Unless your core text is Coleridge or something..

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Yeah, you can use Keats or John Donne :)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Then you shouldn't use a poem, as markers usually want a variety of texts.

Amne

<3
HSC
Yeah I thought that too. Im thinking of doing Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen and the movie Amelie. What do you think?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Not sure about Amelie. I always thought it was either a physical or inner journey, where she finds love at the end.

HozZAaH

HSC
I myself am confused with the defenition of imaginitive journeys, im easily aware of the whole idea of the journey taking the audience on a journey where the only limit or constraint is the audience's ability to imagine, but is there really meant to be a point? as in the persona reader or just someone is changed, earns a clearer understanding of themself or whether its just a journey in a completely new and imagined world, im just confuzzled

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Amne said:
Yeah we're doing coleridge. hes insane. I swear :p
I hate adv. english but I loved Coleridge :eek:

I always hated poetry...but yeah Coleridge is good. Do Rime, it's very easy to analyse. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)