I dont get it (1 Viewer)

pixelzz

HSC
Hi, im in my 2nd year of doing bachelor of liberal arts and science at usyd. This degree is a 3 year degree which allows me to choose a major in arts then a minor in science and vice versa. Added on is a choice of 36 credit points from the 'liberal side' of subjects like Analytical thinking and so on.

In my first year full time i did 2 history units ( HSTY1044 and HSTY____ ) followed by 2 socio-legal units (SlSS1001 and SLSS1003). I was planning to do a major in arts and therefore only did chem1001 and Psyc1002 for science. I then tried majoring in socio-legal but they recently just disallowed this to happen. I'm not really keen on a history major but if i do something completely new ( e.g. economics or philosophy) which would take another 3 years.

My question is this, if this new 'major' would take 3 years and i could finish my 'degree' in 2 years, will i graduate with no major? if so is it advisable to graduate with no major? or do i have to actually do a major before i can graduate.

Thanks in advance!

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
What do you mean they didn't allow a socio-legal studies major? :/ For a SLSS major I thought you had to do a combo of slss and sclg... :S It is best to graduate with a major.

pixelzz

HSC
oh is that so? well from the list of majors i could choose on the enrolment variations Socio-legal studies major wasnt on it anymore, also i read it that the course has been discontinued. i'll research about the SCLG and from my own research so far i can't graduate without a major so i guess that degree isnt a 3 year one for me, it will be 4. damn it.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
oh is that so? well from the list of majors i could choose on the enrolment variations Socio-legal studies major wasnt on it anymore, also i read it that the course has been discontinued. i'll research about the SCLG and from my own research so far i can't graduate without a major so i guess that degree isnt a 3 year one for me, it will be 4. damn it.
It is true that the course has been discontinued but it is strange that SLSS is no longer a major option ~ :S Try contacting the Faculty of Science or Arts and see what is up. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)