i dont get the atar thing (1 Viewer)

huhwotsthis

HSC
we will be ranked based on our cohort?
how is this different from any other year?

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
K so back to ATAR, there is very little difference. Refer to the conversion table and that's about the extent of it for now.

Our ranks will be relative to our cohort from year 7.

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
It means that the lowest score will be 36 ATAR as opposed to 30 UAI, since it takes your cohort with Year 7 included into account.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
It means everyone that your ATAR will take into consideration everyone who's dropped out since Year 7.

Look, it doesn't matter. Everything's the same.
Except the horrible phonetics of it.

lynton

HSC
NSW UAI def reps, why did they have to bring the other states in. anyway i dont care im just gonna keep on pretending to work hard.

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
NSW UAI def reps, why did they have to bring the other states in. anyway i dont care im just gonna keep on pretending to work hard.
i still don't quite understand this atar thing and what does yr 7 has to do with anything (please explain like ur explaining to a 3 yr old)

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
I heard it is 0 that going to be the lowest score O___O also I heard that disadvantage school like me won't get any more extra marks now too :(
whats your source?
It doesn't say that on the UAC website though.

jet

Banned
HSC
I heard it is 0 that going to be the lowest score O___O also I heard that disadvantage school like me won't get any more extra marks now too :(
Its not a score, its a rank. Besides, it doesn't say what you get if its below 30.

What I want to know is, how do my accelerated subjects count from last year.

HSC
it said that the NSW scaling system is dodgy or something and this ATAR bring fairness to everybody shurg* this is just wat i heard

helper

HSC
N/A
The Unis wanted a system that meant they could compare entry marks from the different states to enable interstate access. That is the reason the different systems have been brought into line.

Queensland doesn't have external exams like the HSC, which is why still aren't in line. It is a Uni decision, not a political decision.

HSC
yeah i heard that QLD have like major assessment, even maths! k go figure... but does that mean every state do the same exam then...???

helper

HSC
N/A
yeah i heard that QLD have like major assessment, even maths! k go figure... but does that mean every state do the same exam then...???
No, they won't be doing the same exam, or even offer the same subjects.

In 2011, there is to be start of the implementation of the National Curriculum in the core subjects but it doesn't mean the same assessment structure at this stage.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Lul'd @ eriito

Anyway, @helper: Even if you're right, QLD can't adopt it because of their state legislature.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)