I don't have a real thesis/argument... (1 Viewer)

Cicciolina

HSC
:S I should be worried hey? I kind of stumbled on my topic by accident - I was doing The Evolution of the Blonde but had to change as so many people have done it before, so now I'm doing *something* on Robert Lowell (Life Studies) and Wordsworth (The Prelude). I loved Robert Lowell before so I suggested doing him to my teacher, who also suggested doing Wordsworth alongside as a 'revolutionary poet in a reactionary movement' type critical study.

Anyway basic my original thesis has kind of blown up in my face since now *I* don't think he's that revolutionary and the the Romantic movement wasn't alll the reactionary - and my teacher just went "Oh yeah.... that's right. They aren't at all".

So hmmm I'm stuck. With no thesis. Just wondering if there's anyone else out there with no thesis/argument or only a half developed one?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
yes yes yes!!
although i think i have a decent thesis now, it's taken me a looong time
just start writing, it'll come to you....after much trial and error :(

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Write, your thesis will apparently come one week before you submit it :p as i was told by a past student... I think ive found mine, it just came out of writing and discussion, writing and discussion... Just keep at it!

Cicciolina

HSC
I've written about 3000 words already! Writing does make things a bit clearer... sometimes - but then it messed everything up for me again - because I managed to convince myself that I HATE Wordsworth and I don't find him that Revolutionary... blergh.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
well, then argue that he wasn't, despite what some critics say?

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
lol

it sounds simple, doesn't it?

I bet you, in real life, its ssooo damn hard.
what would be ironic is if she got convinced that Wordsworth WAS revolutionary when she was trying to argue he wasn't.
teeheheee

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
Yeah i haven't got a thesis or argument for mine either, and its becomeing really frustrating because i have so much information but i cannot seem to channel it into an argument.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)