• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

I don't know what to do! (1 Viewer)

bscared

HSC
The career that I am aiming for needs good marks in Maths and Science. Dilemma 1: Maths is my worst subject (I come last in all tests)
Dilemma 2: I don't even do Science/Biology/Chemistry of any sort.

What idiot made up the rule that you had to choose your permanent subjects in year 10? I was just 15 and didn't have a clue of what I wanted to do after school. I found out what I wanted to do in year 11 but I can't change subjects now that I am in year 12. This rule will stuff up my life. Talk about doing things the hard way!!!

smccarthy7688

HSC
I have heard some Universities offer bridging courses before the Univeristy year starts which teach what you need to know.

dandel26

HSC
its generally only assumed knowledge and you can easily catch up i guess

vg_woz_here

HSC
ahh same here...i was interested in a course but u needed chemistry..and i dont do chemistry...damnnnnnnn

Lori.

HSC
What career were you interested in pursuing?

jest

HSC
sometimes you don't really need the top marks.. as long as you know the basics it should be sufficient and i agree with doing a bridging course, it could help

bscared

HSC
I am interested in Forensic pathology, but probably won't make it that far. I'd be happy with being a simple forensic lab worker.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
yeh, bridging corses are always available to you to catch up or get up the level of those who might have done sciences etc.

look around at different Unis for your best options.

its sad that your school didnt inform you about making proper decisions in regards to subjects and future course requirements :( and yeh, its always tough especially if you don't know what you want to do. I myself have no idea what im going to do yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)