I don't know what to say... (1 Viewer)

unicornbubbles4

HSC
N/A
I'm trying to apply for selective (transferring to year 11), but unfortunately received a B for English. Although I will most likely have straight As except for English, will this be enough? Please let me know!!!

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
That may depend on the specific school(s) that you are applying for. Generally speaking, if you have received A's in most of your subjects with only one B, you should still have a good chance of receiving an offer. Your academic performance may negatively impact your chances if there are more instances of achieving B grades (i.e. if you receive a B in more than one subject), or one (or more) instances of achieving a C grade, which is likely to reduce your chances of receiving an offer, given the overall competitiveness of the process and the likelihood that most other applicants will also have favourable performance.

Of course, your academic performance is usually one of several factors that are considered as part of your application, including ability tests such as the HAST, as well as any extracurricular activities that you may have been involved in prior to applying to a selective school. If you are required to sit the HAST (or another test), it is important that you also focus on maximising your preparations for that test so that you perform at a standard that is superior to that of other applicants, which will hopefully increase your chances of receiving an offer.

I hope this helps! :D

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
It should be fine. From what I know ... they look at your hast/edutest score first, then reports/school grades. Then interview

So you'd need to do well in the school's respective entrance exam first.

kkk579

hello
HSC
I'm trying to apply for selective (transferring to year 11), but unfortunately received a B for English. Although I will most likely have straight As except for English, will this be enough? Please let me know!!!
depends on the school you’re trying for but most care about the HAST/edutest/whatever exam they have results first and mainly the teachers comments. my reports weren’t even that good but the person who was looking at our applications(dunno what they’re called) said that he found my report impressive, probs coz it had good comments

edit: but if you’re trying for fort st it could be a bit risky cos they like ppl who r good at english. also could lower your chances by a lot for those extremely high ranked schools like ruse or baulko since they prioritise maths english and science. the reason why it would lower your chances because a lot of selective students tend to apply for these schools (girra—->baulko, baulko——->ruse) and these students who apply for higher tier schools typically have high A’s in their core subjects with the occasional B in a subject that’s bludgey

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)