I failed ACCT1001 - now what happens (1 Viewer)

lgaica

HSC
yeah well i got a 45 in acct1001, so do i have to do this subject again during summer school? im not really sure what to do =/

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
don't they offer ACCT1001 in both semesters? if so you could redo it next semester if you want to.

04er

HSC
If i were in ur position i'd rather repeat during semester 2 (do 5 subjects) than take it during summer. ppl i know absolutely hated summer school.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Yeah, summer school is stupid. Not only does it cost a ridiculous amount, it's stressful and you miss out on holigays. It'd be much better to just overload next sem with ACCT1001

lgaica

HSC
i have a feeling that they only do accounting 1b next semester.. this is fucked =[

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
ACCT1001 is run in both semesters.

lgaica

HSC
so how do i enrol to do it again next semester?

thanks

blakegman

HSC
N/A
You won't be able to do Accounting 1B this semester though i don't think.

So it should still be 24 credit points anyway.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yeah. if you cant figure that out you deserved to fail

babydoll14

HSC
N/A
Do you do a Bcom or Bec degree?
If you do Bcom...repeat it again
If you do Bec you have the following options:
-If you plan on doing an accountign major---> repeat acct 1001
-If you plan on not doing accounting or finance---> dont do acct ever again. There are easier marks
-If you plan on doing finance but not accounting....either do acct 1001 again or acct 1003 next year. Acct 1003 is the easiest subject ever!

Volt

HSC
Do they let you overload a failed subject without permission? I know they don't let you overload ordinarily without permission, and not at all in first year... of course, this is if we consider 'overloading' as meaning adding another full 6cp subject, because as far as I know most degrees allow you to enrol (without permission) in a little bit more than 24cp in a semester (~28cp?), which is not enough to add a full 6cp subject but is enough to add a 3cp subject, or to have two 8cp subjects (if they even exist?), etc.

If they don't let you overload then you have a bit of a problem (especially if ACCT1001 is a core unit for you), since they don't offer any ACCT subjects in summer school anymore because they're all offered in both semesters now. But without overloading this would extend your degree by a semester. Of course, even if they offered it in summer school it may still be a problem for you, considering the costs involved (opportunity costs too ;), you may need to work?), etc.

Empath

HSC
Volt said:
Do they let you overload a failed subject without permission? I know they don't let you overload ordinarily without permission, and not at all in first year... of course, this is if we consider 'overloading' as meaning adding another full 6cp subject, because as far as I know most degrees allow you to enrol (without permission) in a little bit more than 24cp in a semester (~28cp?), which is not enough to add a full 6cp subject but is enough to add a 3cp subject, or to have two 8cp subjects (if they even exist?), etc.

If they don't let you overload then you have a bit of a problem (especially if ACCT1001 is a core unit for you), since they don't offer any ACCT subjects in summer school anymore because they're all offered in both semesters now. But without overloading this would extend your degree by a semester. Of course, even if they offered it in summer school it may still be a problem for you, considering the costs involved (opportunity costs too ;), you may need to work?), etc.
I've overloaded in my Yr1Sem2 to 28 cps, Yr2Sem1 to 28cps without permission, and is enrolled in 30cps in Yr2Sem2 without permission..

and like what blakegman said, you can't do ACCT1B without 1A anyways.

Volt

HSC
Empath said:
... and is enrolled in 30cps in Yr2Sem2 without permission..

and like what blakegman said, you can't do ACCT1B without 1A anyways.
Which faculty administers your degree? Unless I have misunderstood, if you are enrolled in a degree with the Faculty of Economics and Business you may not overload (by the definition I have in my above post) without permission... this I read/implied from here:

http://www.econ.usyd.edu.au/2138.html

under 'Exceeding a Standard Semester Full-time Load Application Form'.

As for not being allowed to do ACCT1002 without passing ACCT1001 and not just attempting it, I am curious as to the official stance of the University/Faculty of Economics and Business? Does anybody know? (Perhaps I should consult a handbook, or something, myself... but hell I'm lazy.)

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
1) all you need is to fill in the application to exceed a full time load. will be approved qucickly
2) you can get permission to do 1A and 1B together (prerquisite waiver form)

lgaica

HSC
stazi said:
1) all you need is to fill in the application to exceed a full time load. will be approved qucickly
2) you can get permission to do 1A and 1B together (prerquisite waiver form)
but it says on the application form that you must have completed your first year of study in order to overload subjects..should i just disregard this?

and where do i find this prerequisite waiver form?

sorry about this, im just quite confused at the moment, im gonna phone them up tomorrow and hopefully sort all this mess out, there must be plenty of other people like me in the same position...

Empath

HSC
Volt said:
Which faculty administers your degree? Unless I have misunderstood, if you are enrolled in a degree with the Faculty of Economics and Business you may not overload (by the definition I have in my above post) without permission...
I'm from the engineering faculty.. I was under the impression that rules on overloading were the same for all faculties.. but I guess not =|

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Empath said:
I'm from the engineering faculty.. I was under the impression that rules on overloading were the same for all faculties.. but I guess not =|
How nuts is overloading to 30 CPs in a BE? Is it hard?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)