I failed my first two math internals (1 Viewer)

aiyaiyaiya

HSC
Both weigh 20%, my next one is 20% and trials are 40%. I got 40% on my first test and 37% on my current one. Can I still redeem myself and get an atar in the 80s?

BasedMathTutor

HSC
It's not impossible. ATAR is relative anyway. You can get the same raw mark but still have different ATAR scores depending on the year.

Your current total from assessments = 0.20×40%+0.20×37%=15.4%0.20×40%+0.20×37%=15.4%, which leaves 60% left to boost your score. That's a LOT.

I'm assuming you would only care about your high school grades for uni entrance right? If it's getting to a point where you're worrying too much then I would highly recommend you do some research on which university program you're aiming to gain entrance into, and determining the ATAR score that would guarantee you entrance into said program. Helps a lot to know what you're aiming for so you can enter cruise mode earlier.

Last edited:

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
it's not impossible but if you've failed twice maths twice then it's a pretty clear indication that you're struggling in the subject. after the first fail did you identify what concepts you don't understand and work on them? you could go over a topic as explained in a textbook from the start, go over worked examples shown or examples you did in class and do lots of practice to fill in the gaps. or ask for help from your teacher, friend or tutor

if you want to improve then you will need to put in the effort, it's completely likely that you'll pass or even perform well in the next one if you've dedicated the time to learn and practice the things you've been struggling with

everyone has that one or two weak subjects so you're not alone but yeah it's gonna take some remediation on your part

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)