I feel like I can't remember anything (1 Viewer)

claudiflower

HSC
This. Space repetition and active recall is scientifically proven to be the best way to study. Use Anki. Though I'm not sure if its effective to implement when it's so close to the HSC.
Hi, I feel like I relate to what the person who posted this was saying, however I am just starting year 12, do you have any advice on how I can best use the platform or any general tips? :)

claudiflower

HSC
Hey it's around 1 to 3 weeks from our HSC exams but for the current two to three days I felt like whenever I tried to remember the contents (Like memorise a legislation by repeating it for ten minutes 'try') I just forget about it like two days after. It used to work for me but somehow my brain doesn't work anymore. Same for my Modern History and it only comes back into my mind when I really look at my notes. Has anyone experienced this before and how did you dealt with it?
There's great responses already but another thing I think could be helpful with things like modern history is just writing the main topic headings that are going to be testing and either making a mindmap or just info-dumping everything you can without looking at your notes, you can look at them before and then look at them after if you like. The things that you forget will generally then be more prominent in your mind for next time. eventually you will remember it all :)

claudiflower

HSC
Hey it's around 1 to 3 weeks from our HSC exams but for the current two to three days I felt like whenever I tried to remember the contents (Like memorise a legislation by repeating it for ten minutes 'try') I just forget about it like two days after. It used to work for me but somehow my brain doesn't work anymore. Same for my Modern History and it only comes back into my mind when I really look at my notes. Has anyone experienced this before and how did you dealt with it?
And! Always remember, just for yourself before the exam, you know more than you realise, the brain is a very powerful tool. If you think you're not going to remember the stuff it might be coming from ofc the underlying stress. Stay cool and just hold onto your brain. :)

[ ]

HSC
Uni Grad

Vitrecan

HSC
Hi, I feel like I relate to what the person who posted this was saying, however I am just starting year 12, do you have any advice on how I can best use the platform or any general tips? :)
When you say platform, I'm going to assume you mean Anki. I was really lazy so I exported notes from this website and made cards out of them. I then reviewed the cards when I was outside, but if I'm at home, I just spammed past papers. Since you're just starting year 12, I'd recommend doing HSC questions by topic cause you haven't learnt everything yet.

claudiflower

HSC
When you say platform, I'm going to assume you mean Anki. I was really lazy so I exported notes from this website and made cards out of them. I then reviewed the cards when I was outside, but if I'm at home, I just spammed past papers. Since you're just starting year 12, I'd recommend doing HSC questions by topic cause you haven't learnt everything yet.
Yes yes I did mean anki. Do you know how to find HSC questions by topic? like is there some magic book that does that?

turtle67

HSC
Do you reckon Anki has served you well for yr 12?

turtle67

HSC
I prefer quizlet :D
Oh really? Howcome? I used quizlet for a bit but I just found that with anki like it'll assign you ones to do each day to be most efficiency, instead of quizlet where you can just do as much as you want to sort of. But quizlet definitely looks nicer ahah.

What subjects did you use it for?

Also, how's the hsc going so far for you?

Vitrecan

HSC
Quizlet is more better at cramming. With Anki if you know how to code, you could make it look very nice.

beetree1

HSC
Oh really? Howcome? I used quizlet for a bit but I just found that with anki like it'll assign you ones to do each day to be most efficiency, instead of quizlet where you can just do as much as you want to sort of. But quizlet definitely looks nicer ahah.

What subjects did you use it for?

Also, how's the hsc going so far for you?
I only used it once for one of my legal exams for crime, I thought it was effective

Vitrecan

HSC
yeah fair enough, I might dabble in both and see how it goes
I have no idea how to code lol
You could use addons like Beautify Anki to make it look aesthetic, just check that it is compatible.

Also with Anki, you can use this feature called 'flitered deck' which is like a cram mode that allows you to see all cards. That's basically Quizlet. Quizlet removed the spaced repetition that Anki uses like a few months ago so if you want to dable in both, just use Anki.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)